Place your bets .......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Oct 17, 2021.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Napier isn't going to be in Lafayette much longer, one way or the other. I think he would be a fall back choice rather than first choice.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Woodward may fuck this up. Going with a black coach probably gonna be Mel Tucker. My coaching connection thinks that's what going to happen. Nothing against Mel but is he our best option or is this just because he is black. Hope this not another Aggie Kevin Sumlin type hire. If he is the best great but if it's just a PC hire we are in for some long down days.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    Don Castavez likes this.
  3. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I hope the ass wipe in the Guv mansion stays out of this . He’ll want us to hire AOC.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I want Aranda (Latino BTW), Fickell or Napier. Brady would be good and Franklin (black BTW) too but don't think we could get either. Tucker if it's not JUST because he is black but the best. I hope my coaching buddy is wrong but is saying word is hire a black coach regardless.

5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Not another Fucking dollar from me if they make that move. He is nowhere near qualified to be at LSU .
    I don’t know much about anatomy but your Lane physiology scenario seems unlikely

Swerved likes this.
  6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

He coached 3 different times under Saban (including 1 yr. here at LSU in 2000), so i’m guessing he is not totally incompetent.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Which coach are you talking about?

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I may be in the minority, but I’d be ok with Tucker. I mean he isn’t my 1st choice, but I wouldn’t jump off a cliff if he was the hire.

He is a Fantastic recruiter, he knows the SEC, very well, he is a great defensive mind, he’s coached under Saban at multiple stops and Kirby as well and is very familiar with the attention to detail needed to run a strong program (the Saban process as it’s called).

He would just need to get an experienced OC and it could end up being a good hire.

Only downside is, he doesn’t bring a ton of experience. But neither did Coach O and with the right pieces around him, he brought us the best season ever. In fact, with the right pieces around O he was doing just fine (2016-2019) until his divorce and personal life went to shit and got in his way.

At least Tucker has a specialty on one side of the ball.

Again, not my 1st choice.

Don Castavez and Herb like this.
  9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Mel Tucker!

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Coaching under Saban is not qualifying for LSU HC.