Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by red55, Mar 15, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

ill mix up dozens of pizza... but cheese over my pepperonis, as plain as it is, is still hard to beat.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Some pretty creative suggestions. I have nothing to add except that most sound pretty good. I agree with the majority. The pineapple doesn't work for me. My pizza taste has changed over the years. A while back, I started ordering thin crust, figuring I didn't need the extra calories. I really like it.

My complaint with pizza companies is that they cook them all on a conveyor belt and don't leave 'em cooking long enough to "color" the cheese. Mozzarella has a different taste, better in my opinion, when it browns a little. All the pizza places used to cook it this way, back in the dark ages when they actually cooked them in big ovens. When ordering, I always tell them "well done". Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't.

1 person likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In a pizzaria, will send back a pizza if the cheese is not toasted. I rarely have it delivered, because Dominos sucks, but when I do, I usually have to put them in the oven and toast the cheese myself.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, how does everybody feel about shape? I use both round and square pans. I suppose the round is best because everyone gets an equal share. Unless the square pan is small, a square-cut pizza results in some pieces having no crust. However some people like it that way and leave crust scraps on their plate anyway.

I like the square pizzas because I like the crust a lot and the corner pieces have twice the crust. Right now, I could eat a square Fleur-de-lis around-the-world pizza for breakfast.

5. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I even cut os round pizzas like they are square pizzas. I like crust but when I begin to get full a smaller center piece is perfect for the last piece!!!

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I went to a pretty fair Italian restaurant in Austin for lunch. I'm full. And that Fleur-de-lis still sounds good. That's a fine pie.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i fixed pesto pizza topped with artichoke hearts for dinner tonight. delish!!

1 person likes this.
  8. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

Pepperoni and cheese only and light on the sauce. Boring but delicious nontheless.

1 person likes this.