Phyllis (Bama fan) is pissed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 22, 2018.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I think more in the line of government and education. We suck in those areas.

2. BP

BP Founding Member

I love Louisiana, but the simple fact is the rest of the country has better jobs, better health care, better education, better longevity, lower poverty rate, better standard of living. I have two children, one son-in-law, and one daughter in law. One PhD, three Masters. All left the state for better opportunity elsewhere. Look at the ratio of incoming to outgoing. They are not alone. In the last 40 years, LA has lost 25% of its population compared to the country as a whole.

didit likes this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It all goes back to corrupt and shitty "leaders". Selfish, soulless pieces of shit.

el005639 likes this.
  4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

California is a beautiful State and there are many wonderful things to see here like Yosemite, Beaches , Mountains , etc. But it is just too expensive to live in the big cities.

I pay 8,5 in State income tax alone. Yes you make a higher salary but with the additional gas taxes and all the immigrants that don't pay taxes that use schools, health care, and drive with no insurance everyone else has to pay for that. Our property taxes are over 8,000 on our 3 bedroom 2 bath built in 1958.
    Then there are so many homeless and the roads are worse than Louisiana roads. Now they keep asking for more every time a ballot comes around.

If I can work 5 more years I am retiring and getting out of here to La. or Texas for retirement.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Texas

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

agreed

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

A lot of places are too dry compared to LA. Nowhere has the food.

LA don’t got mountains or beaches or seasons. Kinda poor too. But we got NOLA and LSU. Baton Rouge is trying to turn itself into a real city.

We have a lot of diversity (good) but adversity associated with diversity (bad).

Other places have their own issues. Plenty.

I’d consider moving to NW AR or the TN mountains, though the hills truly have eyes...

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

D-on take a wrong turn. You could end up in West Virginia.

(Trailer dosen't show the inbred hillbillies making stew out of the victims but it's in the movie)

9. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi.......it's all the same to the yankee. I served in Uncle Sam's Navy for 8 years and experienced their disdain of all things southern.
    We are better people than the rest.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Did a dozen in the Marine Corps and did not see that from my northern brothers.