Crime Phoenix police officer shoots dead unarmed black man during scuffle

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Dec 4, 2014.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I didn't say it was right or wrong. I just said that if you mess with the cops, there's a chance they will mess with you. Shut your damn mouth and be polite.

red55 likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No doubt it is the smart thing to do what ever the cop's attitude is. However many who are interacting let's say with cops aren't known for long term thought or good anger management.
    This is more about a small subset of police who have problems, a police union that protects the bad ones and a rank & file that doesn't have the courage to police their own.

red55 likes this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Not sure how that's a cops or anyone else's problem. I deal with consequences when I screw up. It's not a cops job to psychoanalyze people they are arresting. It's their jobs to stay safe and keep other safe. They do it in a variety of ways and need leeway. In some instances it goes to far. I'm not going to judge this case as I don't care enough to research it but her actions have a range of reactions (whether they're right or wrong) and if she's not ready to deal with those reactions, she should learn to keep her mouth shut and be polite like Professor Rock says.

red55 likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

These are not mutually exclusive observations.

mobius481 likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If you're physically fighting with the police, the public is better served by one to the head.

6. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

Everything you said is absolutely true . . . symptomatic of a police state and very sad. That's why we absolutely have to change police culture. They shouldn't be able to get away with harassing, abusing, and killing citizens. But yeah, everything you said is absolutely true. White privilege goes out the door if you fuck with the police. Try talking shit and see what happens. I behave in the way that you described Red. You just can't win. Yes sir, no sir, and I shut the fuck up. Have your day in court.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

It was bad writing. The headline should've said "fatally shoots" or something to that effect.