PGA Golfer Kidnapped &.Robbed

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Jan 17, 2015.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I agree. I spent a week in Sydney on R&R in 1970. Had a hell of a time. And somewhat in Allenby's defense, he's far from being the only jerk on the PGA Tour.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I don't understand your post? No big deal.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well why didn't you just say so. You said Allenby was a jerk, I said well Karma has found him. Meaning what goes around comes around.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I've been there...twice....for several months at a time. There are some great ones but some total assholes, too. They don't much care for America or Americans. I was at a bar one night and some idiot comes up, says he put in a special request song just for me. Marley's Buffalo Soldier.

I was at a nice club and sent a Black and Tan to a nice looking feller....he sent it back. Gotdamn.

I went to an all-day cricket test match. Women weren't allowed in the clubhouse. Meat pies absolutely suck balls.

I did see INXS there before they ever got popular stateside. Some of the best Chinese food ever in Melbourne. The absolute WORST Mexican food.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Great song. It's my current ringtone

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The military guys were always cool with us. Never got that impression at all and I've trained with them quite a bit and worked with them on deployments.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Military are always different than the citizenry. The majority of the folks I met had a chip on their shoulder when it came to America. Jealousy maybe, IDK. They didn't much care for it when I pointed out that they would never be a world power....labor dominated countries just can't do that.

So one day, I was with a group of people that went to a place near Melbourne called Red Beach. I'm a Cali girl, I love the beach, love the water. I'm in the water, hear a noise and notice just about everyone getting out of the water. Feeling in my gut tells me to get the phuck out too. I get out and ask, hey, what's the deal, why did everyone get out? Oh....that. When you hear that horn it means the lifeguard has seen a shark breach the shark net that's 100 yards out. Thanks for telling me.....assholes.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

aussies love gis or at least used to. you musta met the only shitty ones out there.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you're going to go over there and play the role of Ugly American what did you expect?

[​IMG]

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I was no Lawrence Bourne III. I did point out their labor country status after relentless verbal attacks about capitalism, the evil that was Ronald Reagan, our entire form of life and government, even the useless Constitution. I'm serious....the minute someone at a dinner or party found out I was American, the attack was on. Geebus.

I did have a lot of fun hanging out at the local footy clubhouse. Dudes are just a bunch of good natured drunks that love everybody.