Perspective please.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 8, 2008.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Well, the season ain't over, and if Lee can throw a pick 6 against Tulane, don't think he can't against OM. That's possibly 4 losses, not to mention Arkansas.

Did you predict that we'd get 50+ hung on us twice this year or have 6 pick 6's? THAT is what people are ticked about. We knew we would lose, but not like this. We may be one of the sloppiest defending Nat'l Champs in a while.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

HE JUST SUCKS AT IT!

If he plays against Troy WE JUST MIGHT LOSE THAT GAME TOO Along with Ole Miss!

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Let's just try for JJ to give 100%. Maybe?

I can't wait to hear the press conference.

4. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

I agree 100%. I thought the team played well enough to win, but came up short in OT.

This forum is full of "so called fans, coaching genius' and bandwagon jumpers." You guys want a green bay size block of cheese......?

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I agree with all of what you said. But LSU cannot continue to depend on a quarterback who constantly gets us into trouble. Lee was the primary reason we lost the game tonight. Half of Bama's regular-game points were scored off of interceptions made by Lee. We have a quarterback waiting in the wings. He deserves a shot. He can't be much worse.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I do agree with you for the most part BUT I'm willing to bet ALL coaches would've put a back up qb in some point in this game.
    The thing is after tonight, no way JJ shouldn't see some playing time.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm pretty disappointed in Lee and it's hard to imagine Jefferson would be much worse, but I can easily imagine Jefferson being nearly as bad. Putting him in against Alabama would have been pretty tough as well. Perilloux put us in a tough position; I am proud Miles handled the situation the way he did and wouldn't have him change that knowing what I know now.

I think Andouille is right here in that Lee is probably more disappointed than any of us. He is a tiger, a young wounded tiger with his best years ahead of him. He's been thrust into the fire early and not really prepared.

Still, if Miles can get us through the regular season without another loss I think he'll have done an amazing job. Our offense is deeply troubled and our defense has its shortcomings.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

"I thought the players played hard with intensity and we did a number of the things we wanted to do."

I think people deserve a chance to vent.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I feel bad for Lee.

He played poorly but did not get a lot of help from either the play calling that put him in predictable 3rd and longs way too many times as well as 6 dropped passes that I can recall (and especially the 70 yard pass for a TD).

With all that said, we need to split the duties between Lee and JJ to see what we have in JJ heading into 09.

This Spring will be a 3 man race between Shep, JJ and Lee for the starting QB. I would like to see JJ get some experience before we get there.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I've defended Lee on here pretty much all season, but I feel like he pretty much single-handedly lost that game today. Our team wanted it very badly, and Lee made bad play after bad play.

That being said, as tough as the loss is to swallow, I agree with what G-LSU said earlier in the thread. We played with heart and intensity today (QB notwithstanding), and that was much better than the %^&# slappings we took from Florida and UGA.