Personnel changes vs. schematic changes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by terry cox, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I beg forgiveness for once again bringing this up because it's been brought up thousands of times.

Just go ahead and start Russell and forget it. Watching Saturday seeing Randall the way he was in a 'really big game' he didn't seem to have it.
    Even if you want to argue that Russell doesn't perform much better than Randall......fine. But Russell never looks rattled. He seems very calm. Go ahead and get him the experience. He's the future anyway. Let's start with him now.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree Wroten has not lived up to most fans expectations but after the big time JUCO DT we stole from Fl a few years back(can't think of his name to save my life) I was very cautious about penciling Wroten in as a big contributor. However where is Sean Merril, Brandon Washington, Carnell Stewart, Marlon Favorite, Tim Washington, Charles Alexander, Tyson Jackson, Doug Planchard, Ryan Willis, Jarrod Carter, Kirston Pittman, Jarvus Ryes and Tremaine Johnson? I realize some of these guys are very young but many were highly recruited and it seems out of all these guys someone would step up, It's not like the 5 or 6 guys starting are exactly lighting it up. Has Melvin Oliver made a tackle this year? Other than Spears and Kyle the D line has been a huge disapointment and I think the biggest difference from last years D to this years.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Like I posted earlier, Joe Montana couldn't have helped the Tigers saturday. The game was lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So right. Wroten has done well I think considering he's almost like a true freshman. Oliver has been the biggest disappoint on the D line with Pittman a close second. As for changing schemes, there is nothing wrong with the schemes, the players just didn't do their jobs, didn't make plays, etc. Listen to or read Saban's quotes, they all knew what they were supposed to do but just didn't do it, nervoussness and/or anxiety in the face of adversity set in. Instead of focusing on proper technique and positioning they they just reid to freelance.