Perhaps a different perspective

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rouxleaux, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

So not making excuses, and it has been brought up already but the time off of practice, no spring practice, ect really played a roll here for the crapping the bed we saw on Saturday night.

The question(s) I would pose to the class are:

A) Will there be the just blue bloods in the finials this year? Or will we have some random teams in the mix at the end? You have to figure there will be those weeks that teams get bit by the coodies and several players are out. This leaving the door open for teams you wouldn't normally see in the 1-4 spots.

B) Does any one feel like we will get 50% through the "season" and those 4/5 stars that are in their last year will hang it up early and opt out?

C) Not bashing Brennen but should we be giving more playing time sooner to our back ups including our QBs? I mean think of it this way if Brennen gets COVID he his out for 10 days at least. Really that goes for any player at any time.

Freaking 2020 .....I'm over it

2. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I've said it multiple times since Saturday: 2020 is a 10 game practice season for 2021. There's no way around it, we just lost too much in the offseason. Combined with covid, and all we have now is a new, inexperienced team. We are going to take our lumps this year, but it will set LSU up for a championship run in 2021.

For everyone who has the emotional need to win every game every time... just take this year off. Come back in 2021. We'll have a big enough bandwagon to accommodate everyone then.

3. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

It’s more lack of playing experience than anything else. Our team is as young as it gets. No one should buy the excuse of lack of practice due to covid because all teams have dealt with the same thing and somehow they find a way to win. Miss had the same covid related issues as every other team and they came out and whipped us. I expected to be rusty on offense but never thought I’d see a defensive performance like that.

4. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Not that I ever like losing, but this loss does a couple of good things. First, it ends the win streak early, which eliminates pressure to keep it going. Second, it destroys any arrogance that may have remained from last year. Our coaches and players knew this was not the same team from last year, but this loss pounds that reality home. It's time to go back to work to regain the eye of the tiger.

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Exactly. You can see the experienced players doing well and the inexperienced players not so well. (Marshall v. Palmer and Boutte). The talent is there. Just need experience.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Miss State replaced more players than we did FYI.

We got out coached. On both sides.

Perple and el005639 like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I really agree with that. After a day or so to reflect, this ass whooping could end up being really good for these guys. Most of these guys didn’t sniff the field last year and should have no business having a “championship hangover”. We returned only a few starters Saturday, a tackle and a safety and wide receiver. That’s it. You could easily spot the kids with SEC game experience and the kids without.

All these kids were highly recruited being told how good they were, they sat behind studs who made it look easy and they thought they would roll their helmets out there and carry on in the same fashion. That wasn’t the case. This was a “welcome to the SEC” punch right in the damn mouth! Let’s see how the respond and progress. We knew LSU wasn’t repeating this year anyway.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not necessarily doubting you, but how is that possible? We lost so much. They damn sure didn't lose the quality that we did.

Rouxleaux and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They didn't have the quality we had to begin with.

fanatic, LSU_4_LIFE and LSUpride123 like this.