People, People, People.....IT'S OK

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

Think back to December of 1999 and the shape the program was in. Did ANYONE think that 5 years from then we would be in the position we are now? HELL NO.

Saban has built the program into a VERY attractive spot for coaches. We aren't going to end up looking like Notre Dame on this one, plus Saban wasn't here for so long that he has a Spurrier or Bear Bryant like aura to live up to, Butch Davis should be the new coach and in case you didn't notice, he did just as good of a rebuilding job (if not better) at Miami, in a state that has two other premire programs in America. Think about the caliber of player that Butch recruited at Miami, Saban has pushed us to build the facilties that will get a guy like Butch to come here, and stay here. He has done the NFL thing and I imagine he sees LSU as a place he can end his career. Nick was the new Paul Dietzel, now maybe Butch can be the new Charlie Mac (maybe even better).

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

people are scared of change, especially given the fact ex-Chancellor Emmert is gone and likely soon to be his legacy as well, namely Nick Saban. Now with all the blue-hairs still in place we entrusted for so many years with the Crazy 'bout Curly campaigns, the Bring back the Magic tours and the years of unnecessary losing for the greatest fanbase in college football.

yeah I'm scared.

yes, i am pavlov's dog but feel free to remind the Board Of Administrators to use a littly K-Y on me this time.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

We're all scared but there is a difference this time around.
    We won the NC last year and NS proved that you can bring in a good coach
    and make LSU a powerhouse.
    The job will be much more attractive for any good candidates out there if and
    when NS decides to leave.

4. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Butch Davis wouldn't be a bad choice. If Saban leaves I'd be happy if the Skipper went out and pimped LSU to Coach Davis. The guy is a proven collegiate winner.

That's winner, not wiener...