Pellet Guns

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by KyleK, Oct 28, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I stand corrected.

like this?

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

get a trap then use a 22. a 410 may be better if youd just prefer to shoot them.

if you trap you could save the rounds by gassing em with CO2 in a lined garbage can.

rabies is real.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Got a Beeman RS1. So far I like it. I was in Bogalusa this week for a funeral and tried out the Beeman my brother recently got. Tagged a squirrel at about 40 yards. Surprised me more than the squirrel I think. Stopped at Bass Pro on my way home and they had a similar one there. Got it sighted in today. pretty tight grouping at about 20 yards - 3 shots that would fit inside a quarter. I was using sand bags to rest it on and am not the most practiced shooter so I was pretty satisfied w/ that.

It's the lower priced version of this one. They look identical though.

[​IMG]

The damned squirrels must have been watching. Only saw one all day. Bastids!

4. C .D .

C .D . Freshman

Seceding is believing .......... keeping the fate

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

shooting squirrels at a funeral?

and people here call ME a coon ass?

1 person likes this.
  6. KyleK

lol. Brings to mind a scene that could be in a satire movie like Airplane. At the funeral, he received a 21 gun salute (retired general). I can just see the guns going off and animals falling out of the sky and/or trees.I should have said that we were at his house after the funeral! He has a pretty cool setup. He has 4 wooded acres w/ a creek running through it right smack in the middle of town.

On an aside, Katrina took out a ton of trees on his place. One really large pine tree fell from their back deck down the 60 or 70 feet to the creek. He cut all of the limbs off and then cut steps into it. Now they have a perfect set of stairs down to their private little beach on the creek.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

that actually has been done (somewhat).

don't remember which movie, but Lloyd Bridges (nice connecction to Airplane) was giving a speech at a military funeral.
    when the 21 gun salute started, he cries "holy sh!t, they're shooting at us" then he steals the pistol from an MP, takes cover behind the podium, and starts firing shots at the guys doing the salute.

8. KyleK

Squirrel count is at 6. Averaging 1 a day. Just got my one for today!

9. KyleK

Freakin gun broke the next day. $250 bucks and I didn't even get 100 shots fired. I'm thinking maybe 40 or 50 shots. I'll be heading through Dallas on my way home for Thanksgiving and will stop by Bass Pro and exchange it or get my money back. The squirrels are still a bit skittish. I'm thinking the lack of daily pressure from me is gonna bring em back out.

1 person likes this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Are you now prepared to reconsider the .50 cal? One shot, 3 maybe 5 kills. Just sayin.