Pelini

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Oct 11, 2020.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pay your bill. there were no power outages in br. lol

We dont know shit. just speculating. but somethings up and its not just a pelini scheme. The mass exodus of players wasnt just from the pandemic. that was the first clue i believe.

I was pretty smart at 18 btw.

Pjoe, LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I never lost power. The cable wire is laying in the street. I could fix it myself if I had an extension ladder

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

This! Pelini should get his fare share of criticism, as he is, but let's not let Scott Linehan off the hook either. 0-10 on 3rd downs, which is supposedly his specialty. And an O-line that can't get a RB one yard in 2 plays with the game on the line? Pathetic. Granted, it shouldn't have come to that given how many of their players they were down, but it did. Piss poor effort all around except for Brennan, Gilbert, and Marshall.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m willing to forgive transgressions, but if it turns out we have a team of self-important bitches who aren’t giving it their all because of social injustices, it could drive me away from LSU football, which incidentally is one of my favorite things in the world.

I’d also put that on Orgeron for a lack of effective leadership, which already almost seems too obvious to mention.

Three games removed from a NC and Eaux has me contemplating picking out a soccer team to follow. mf...

BayouBengal014, tirk and JaxTigFan like this.
  5. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

This social injustice crap has already driven me away from other sports. LSU football is no different.

TCUTiger, el005639 and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I was just messing with you. You were lucky your cable was out.
    well they clearly were dogging it so much so it's next level dgaf. Now they (coaches) gotta figure out why.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I don't know if it actually screws up their image. Most of the guys oozing talent still get recruited and then drafted even if they are questionable characters with "me first" mentalities. The game needs real football players. Seems like there are less of them each season I watch. And the older I get the less I can stomach seeing what is happening in a sport I used to be so interested in.

8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I am trying to understand what might be the case re social injustice, and leaving my own personal views out of it.

This has permeated all sports, across both pro and college. Do we have an issue here where LSU players feel they are not supported by the school, and their coach? If so, it's still not an excuse to tank the season. Other college teams are dealing with this, too. Didn't Saban march with his team?

I would like to believe that the product we're seeing on the field through 3 games is the result of the following:
    -- new coordinators (primarily issues with a new defense, and to Joe Brady no longer here)
    -- attrition due to players leaving for the NFL (how many teams would be able to replace 14 starters from a national championship team?)
    -- opt-outs due to COVID (players who were returning this year)
    -- lack of practice time due to COVID (see first bullet point relative to acclimating to new coordinators, and second bullet point relative to the number of new starters on both offense and defense)
    -- National Championship hangover (not an excuse)

This is what comes to mind off the top of my head. In any case, what we've seen through games is inexcusable for LSU, regardless of the circumstances. Every other team is dealing with similar issues related to COVID, many teams have new coaches/coordinators and also didn't have practice time.

Leaving social justice issues out of it, in my opinion, the main problem is Pelini -- the players are not buying into his system and we see the result of this in their performance. I don't know how you fix it during the season. I think O needs to realize this hire was a mistake, and it must be rectified during the off-season. There has to be a young and brilliant mind that would love to come to LSU.

Geaux Tigers!

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think it is. There were too many times on Saturday where I'm just looking in disbelief as defenders seem to turn their backs to the play or just allow a runner to scoot right by them and literally NOT EVEN TRY to make a play. I thought it was Pelini as well but after mulling it over it has to be more than that. Something is going on and it isn't good. There is no other way to explain it.

HalloweenRun, LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.
  10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

It looked that way to me as well (defenders not even trying). If there's a larger problem, then the program is in a world of trouble if it's not addressed and corrected.

LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.