Pelicans 22-23

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

not sure if i love that clock management late, leaving time for the bad guys to score. gave em 8 seconds.

really hurt having no zion or B.I. late

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Rethinking the Zion injury, have to say now it wasn't an intentional foul, defender was going for the ball. Also saw something on twitter indicating a hip contusion can take 2-4 weeks to heal. I'm assuming that's for us civvies though. An athlete is going to be getting much more intensive treatment, so hopefully he'll be back faster than that.

3. mctiger

Pels on TNT tomorrow night vs the Mavs. We get banged up just in time for a national TV game, Ingram out (concussion protocol), Zion (hip contusion) and Herb Jones (hyperextended knee) are questionable.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Pels hold off Dallas as doncic misses at the buzzer 113-111

5. mctiger

Pels put up a 40-point first quarter and then grit out a 113-111 win over the Mavericks. No Zion, no BI, no Herb, and no offense from CJ most of the night. So Trey Murphy goes for 22 on perfect 8 of 8 shooting. Balance? Nine players saw action, Jaxson Hayes was scoreless, and the other 8 all went for double figures, including Dyson Daniels, scoring 11 in his first significant playing time as a pro. Very nice win!

6. mctiger

Is it just me or does it seem like Doncic is always laughing, maybe because he knows he can try anything and the refs will bail him out if it doesn't work?

kcal likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

doncic is fucking dangerous.

they say the pels are the big 3 ingram, Z, and CJ. but trey murphy is awesome as well

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

pels showed their depth tonite and gutted out the win….

9. mctiger

Interesting comment from Stephen A this morning, regarding Zion's injury. Of course, they had to make it about one of their favs, so he compared ZW to Kawhi Leonard, who is also apparently injured. He questioned KL's toughness, but said, "People around the league tell me, regarding Zion, if he's not playing, you know he's hurt."

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  10. mctiger

With no Zion, BI or Herb, Pels get rolled by the Suns on national TV. At the Clippers Sunday afternoon, hopeful that Zion and/or Herb could be ready (BI didn't make the trip, so he's out at least 2 more games).

kcal likes this.