Paul Finebaum on where this LSU team would rank historically with a win over Clemson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 31, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A caller today asked that question.

His answer: if LSU dominates Clemson by a score of let's say 45-20, then you'd have to say that this team is greatest college football team of all time.

A victory anything short of that, then it's debatable.

For those not that familiar with Finebaum, he's not much for hyperbole, he's a well thought out and reasonable man.

JaxTigFan likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You can't be serious. LOL, dude is a gump shill. His radio show has been pandering to the most idiotic fans in bama for better part of decade.

Sourdoughman and el005639 like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Let's close the deal before we even bring that up. We don't want to be 2011. Or the 2007 18 -1 Patriots or the 2016 73-9 Warriors.

Brian, tzanghi, GiantDuckFan and 9 others like this.
  4. islstl

Well a lot of Bama fans call in to yell at him for disrespecting their precious Bama team, so I wouldn't call him a shill.

Brian, shane0911 and TigerFan90 like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Howard Stern - Private Parts

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Finebaum is a joke(way too egotistical without a background in football), but that’s not the point. I always prefer to wait until all is said and done to answer questions like this, but I’ll admit that it’s a reasonable argument at the very least.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Yeah, I heard dat! We were having this same discussion in 2011, but many of us knew the Bs rematch would be tough. And that shit did not work out. Had we won then, we would have been in the conversation for one of the best teams ever to play the game.

This time, we have a big challenge in front of us. Clemson is trying to make their own statement in terms of supremacy. I am just glad to be back here and I look forward to trying to knock of the king of the mountain so we can ascend to be the new king of the mountain. I am grateful for the opportunity!

8. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Great Post ... Finebaum is a Bama homer true but he allows folks to get in there and voice their opinions ... Few other talk shows do that

This season has definitely been the best talking about Alabama’s Dynasty being over ... Oh God the calls from the crying Gumps are just pure comedy and Finebaum cuts his Bama homers up for wishing bad on LSU ...

He’s whipping them all into line ... Today’s show should be one of the funniest as HOPE
    has emerged with rumors that they fixin Tua up and he will stay another year along with Dylan Moses ... It’s gonna be a gut-busting week up to the big game as Finebaum whips his Gumps in line and makes em SWALLOW LSU SUCCESS

northernvatiger and islstl like this.
  9. islstl

Finally someone who has actually listened into the show and not talking out the side of their ass about Finebaum.

He's notorious for pissing Alabama fans because he doesn't always say what they want to hear.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  10. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

You do know Ramah is one of Finebaum’s celebrities? He’ll take my call again just before the start of the 2020 Season in August ...

I got the Bama monkeys in an uproar when I predicted 15-0 this year with a win at Tusk!

After our win, I’ll call him January 15 and try to get on to Talk about my 15-0 prediction and I’ll be sure to compliment him on the Jeff Foxworthy Show with Ric Flair as THE SHOW OF THE DECADE ... He eats that shit up Izzy ...

You need to call Izzy ... Use “IZZY” as your Finebaum tag as it’s CATCHY

He’s a very polite man so start with a sincere compliment about his show and you’re a long time listener and first time caller ...

Keep your voice polite and steady and be sure to have a LOADED QUESTION for him before you call ...

Good Loaded Questions are:

Who do you think will be the elite teams for 2020 in the next decade ...

Ask if he thinks LSU can join the ranks of the elite ... Mention Myles Brennan is a 4th Year QB that broke all Brett Favre’s Mississippi records

Have any NFL Draft returning player Qs ready

Good Luck getting on the Show ... It’s a blast and worth the wait ...

watson1880, ROY_LA_CA and islstl like this.