Crime Patricia Krenwinkle

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Aug 10, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Good story on her on yahoo. Doing a little research on cults and how wackadoodle they can be is it time to let her out?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Never

3. shane0911

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Charlie and Squeeky are really the only total whackadoos. Patty, Tex, Sadie, and Leslie were just people who got caught up in drugs and crime. Street criminals who do drugs and commit murder are released regularly after 20 or 30 years. But the Manson family were too notorious, they will all die in prison. Sadie already has.

5. shane0911

That is pretty much what I was thinking/saying. Those that know me are probably asking what the hell has happened to you because this is normally not my stance. After watching that story I think she realizes how much of a fuck up she was and I don't think she would do any of that stuff again. Her debt may be paid in my opinion. I think that if she realizes the pain and destruction that she has caused and has to live with it for the rest of her days (which there probably aren't a lot of left) it just may be time.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Every state has thousands of old duffers in their 60's, 70's, and 80's on life sentences without parole. They cost us a fortune, even though they have served decades behind bars and all of the fire has been burnt out of them. The ones with serious illnesses, disabilities, and extreme age should probably be released if they have family or resources to support them. But Mass murderers will die in prison, especially if their crimes seem senseless.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Word.

Shane, sugar bean, let me help you out on this one since it hits close to home.

Pregnant Sharon Tate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rosemary LaBianca
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Krenwinkle was convicted of 7 first-degree murders. She was sentenced to death. Due to the People v. Anderson (1972) 6 Cal.3d 628, all existing death sentences were commuted. Technically, she isn't serving the sentence she was given. I don't care what her excuses or reasons were. I don't care if she's old, infirm, or remorseful. I don't care if she's converted to Buddhism and now wouldn't swat a fly. She deserves to spend every breath she has left rotting in jail.

This is what she took....
    [​IMG]

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw the video of Krenwinkle the other day. Yes, she is a harmless old woman now. Yes, she was basically a mixed up "good girl" who fell in with bad companions. BUT, she wasn't busted for shoplifting or smoking dope. She didn't even go to jail for something really bad like robbing a bank and killing a guard or something. She willingly participated in an incredibly gruesome crime during which she stabbed her victims not just once or twice but hundreds of times and then wrote slogans on the wall in their blood. Did she wake up from her drugged craze the next morning and regret what she had done? No! She went out and did the same thing to two other people the very next night.

Manson and the others were rightfully sentenced to death after a fair trial during which each defendant's guilt was proven way beyond any reasonable doubt. The are only alive today because of a Supreme Court decision that overturned the California death penalty law. Vincent Bugliosi was the prosecuting attorney for the Manson trials. He wrote a book called Helter Skelter that gives all of the details of the crimes, the people involved and the investigation and trial. If you haven't already read it I highly suggest it. Manson was pure evil. I think Susan Atkins probably became almost as evil as Charlie. Squeeky didn't participate in the murders and didn't go to jail until years later when she tried to shoot President Gerald Ford. Krenwinkle. Leslie Van Houton and Charles "Tex" Watson might have started out as decent human beings but they too became willing and eager participants in a series of incredibly gruesome murders. They all deserved to be executed for what they did. Instead they got to live out their lives. Life in prison but still a life of sorts. Even in prison you make friends, get work assigned to you to keep you busy, maybe learn skills or crafts, whatever. Sharon Tate, her unborn baby and the other victims never got to live out their lives. They were slaughtered like animals for no reason at all.

Sharon Tate's grandmother was my grandmother's sister. Her grandmother was my mother's favorite aunt. She lived in Houston when I was very young and we visited her from time to time. I don't know where Sharon grew up because Her father was a colonel in the Air Force and they moved around a lot. I only have a vague memory of her and that probably because my mother would sometimes talk about her after she started to become sort of well known as an actress. I think I was about 5 when one day my mother took Sharon and I to a park in Houston. Sharon was about 12 or 13. We had a picnic in the park and then Sharon pushed me on the swing and played with me on the merry-go-round. I don't know if I ever saw her again after that but if her dad hadn't been in the military and had lived in one place I might have known her better as I was growing up. Since our families were close she might have become like a big sister to me. You never know. She didn't have any brothers and I didn't have any sisters. Maybe she would have even invited me to come visit her......Well, lets not even go there.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I say execute her. Either way we are going to have to foot the bill.

Just kidding but seriously either way, in prison or out we are paying for it.

10. shane0911

I must have bumped my head. Thanks @uscvball I'm back on track now.