Packers game, the morning after

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 13, 2021.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

ESPN's theme is "game was the product of a disinterested Aaron Rodgers." No love for the Saints at all.

I'm mostly pleased with JW's performance. The game plan where he was concerned was clearly designed to minimize chances for him to make mistakes, and he did so very well, with the exception of the interception in the end zone where the refs bailed him out. He has a tendency to throw high, and I hope they can coach that out of him. He also has to learn to look for Kamara more when his first option isn't there - and to expand that thought, WR's have to do a better job getting open. I expect his hands to still be tied this week, but the ropes should be loosened up.

Thrilled with the performance of the offensive line, especially after losing McCoy. Need him back, though.

Also thrilled with the defense's performance, even against a "disinterested Aaron Rodgers." I said during the draft that Paulson Adebo was a steal, and I still believe that will prove true. Jeff Duncan is indicating Marcus "glass body" Davenport has a potentially major injury. I didn't see what happened, but it doesn't surprise me. This guy has got to be the most frustrating player in team history. Major talent, but the resiliency of balsa wood.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oh man it was good to see a nasty defense once again and this is without onomatopoeia. This game should be mandatory watching for the LSU team this week. And the o-line was even better. just dominating. This is that toughness and nastiness you need. And a sick d is what gets that dome rocking.

I am not buying stock on crablegs but he had 5 tds and 138 yds at one point. Has never happened in Nfl history. good for him.

turner is up. davenport has a torn pec. Probably severe.

3. mctiger

LOL'd at onomatopeia. I hear you on Winston. I'm fine with the way he played yesterday, but I understand they really didn't ask much of him. Davenport has a glass body.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

They did bail him out with the bogus roughing penalty, but I think the pick gets overturned on review if the refs eat that flag. Looked to me that the ball touched the ground on replay.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...as-entirely-due-to-the-double-nut-shot-i-took

Based on this I am working a recipe for a "Double Nut Shot" alcoholic drink, which should supersede any "pudding shots" Saints fans may be tempted to drink.

What is unclear in Roger's statement is whether that means both nuts got hit at the same time, one nut got hit consecutively, or if technically this really was a "Quadruple Nut Shot"?

The ultimate ingredients for the alcoholic drink kind of depend on the answer to that.

6. mctiger

No amount or quality of alcohol can get me to spend any time thinking about Aaron Rodgers' nuts.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Wouldn't the underlying premise be that he actually has some?