OT Chidi Valentine-Okeke Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Jan 29, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Got to love the fans

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

As I recall there are only two rules when it comes to off-campus visits. One, the head coach can only visit once and two, only one visit per week.

If we take the "one per week," then add in the recruiting period we're in, it certainly leaves a 10 day window.
    ________

For clarity's sake I checked with compliance just to make sure I understood the Clearinghouse procedures. I was right, and wrong.

A student doesn't need to be accepted (college) to submit his transcripts to the Clearinghouse. Graduating from high school is required.

That fits with what you mentioned earlier about EE's not being cleared...especially when we consider the two time frames—1) time between graduation and signing day/start of January classes and 2) the inconsistency the NCAA's Clearinghouse has shown in how long it takes for them to clear a student-athlete.

For future reference:
    • High school counselor provides the release form and all necessary info regarding the NCAA's procedure.
    • Release form is completed and mailed by student-athlete/counselor along with registration fee. (makes me immediately wonder how many they receive per year...fee is around 20 bucks as I recall.)
    • After graduation, final transcripts sent to NCAA confirming graduation.
    • ACT/SAT scores have to be submitted and must come directly from the testing agent/agency.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Those links were provided for the simple minded folk.

I'll stand by my track record on what I've said about his academic standing right now.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The "package deal" seems to be more of a Cowart thing than CeCe. As I recall I've seen him mention CeCe, Holland, and Ivey. Most of it has been Auburn related though some Ole Miss people seem to think they can pull the same. AU reporters have tried to include Terry Godwin (UGA commit) in that group. F.A.T. chance against what Richt has put on the table for his family.

I don't know anyone that has a read on CeCe. I've followed him a little...about as much as I've followed Wanogho. There are two tackles and three ends in this class already which fills the need aspect. CeCe would be gravy. He's certainly looks to have all the makings of a "make room" kind of guy. (One of the ends agreed to grayshirt several months ago if need be.)

5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

I'll just say nobody knows either way. The "tough road" is hyperbole from what I've read. There may be minor problems or major problems but like I have said, nobody knows.

tirk likes this.
  6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Good stuff...thx

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Surely you can't be serious. No one knows?

8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Whatever guy....maybe you can get the several seconds of your life back wasted by making that post. No one knows If you are a member of the NCAA or that school district in GA, please tell us. Otherwise you are blowing smoke!

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You're a newbie here. There are more than a handful that do know me. There's a reason you don't see people lining up behind you here supporting what you're throwing out there about Bama.

They know, I know.

You seem like a pretty intelligent fella. May I suggest getting off your horse, sitting down a spell, and getting to know the people around you. You're likely to learn a few things as well as have some fun discussing college football.

10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

The only person I can't get along with is you because you clearly spin and make excuses for facts about Alabama because you are a fan of theirs. This isn't secret info, guy about what I have said about how Alabama does their business....it makes the national media columns and isn't written by other schools either. Anyway, I will no longer be seeing any more of your posts...they are a waste of my time and no use arguing back and forth. If you don't like my posts, then I suggest you ignore me also or ban me if you are the one who does that.. I promise you the sun will come up tomorrow whether I'm on this site or not!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    rachellsu01 likes this.