Orgeron went 6-2 as interim head coach for both USC and LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

One school wished him good luck. That school desperately needs to hit a home run with their next hire.

The other school hired him.

Brian and shane0911 like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Welcome aboard the O train, finally

watson1880, tzanghi and islstl like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Almost everybody at LSU bitched about the hire.

kcal likes this.
  4. islstl

I certainly bitched about it.

kcal, Rolan and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

As @furduknfish said, the biggest initial backlash was about the process, which I understand fully and agree with. I don’t think there was a thorough enough search for this level of a program. Having said that, once Oeaux was hired there were only a few here willing to given him a chance. Most couldn’t get past the hiring process or Oeaux’s record at Ole Piss.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Rolan and furduknfish like this.
  6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I wasn't happy about the process of hiring O. After he was hired I was willing to give him a chance. After last season I 100% wanted him gone because he had shown himself to be exactly like Miles. A great recruiter that couldn't adapt to the modern offense of college football.

I give him a ton of credit this past off season for not only being willing to take a chance on Brady but also understanding that a change had to happen and being willing to make a move.

fanatic, Brian, ehusson80 and 7 others like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I know. I was the one who got blasted because I was considered an Oeaux sunshine pumper back then

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Sometimes blind faith pays.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It does sometimes but his 2016 interim coaching job sold me have been a believer since then.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. islstl

I definitely noticed a change after he took over in game 5 of that season. You could tell he wanted to get this lethargic offense jump started. While he didn't have the horses in place (or Joe Brady) to do what he wanted, I did notice a merciless streak to Orgeron wanting to pummel his opponents into submission. For that one intangible, I held out hope.

But then 2017 didn't pan out offensively with O Canada (see what I did there?). Etling having such a low ceiling didn't help matters. But it was much of the same ole same ole.

Then 2018 happened with Joe Burrow, the new great hope. Still 0 points scored against Bama, in the only game that mattered from an offensive progression standpoint.

So at this point you're resigned to the fact that LSU will never get it's offense on par with it's outstanding defense.

Then steps in Joe Brady, with his QB and WRs having gained valuable experience from the season before. Add in the utilisation of a tight end into this passing game, and voila. Here we are.

fanatic, Rolan, Brian and 3 others like this.