Orgeron predicted to be first SEC coach to be fired this season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jul 27, 2018.

1. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

I hope he can learn. but there is no way to rationalize that kind of thinking. If he's a points on the board despite circumstances coach, were gonna lose a lot of football games. have to be able to think ahead in today's game.

ParadiseiNC and tirk like this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

We have a difference of opinion here. I don't think Barrett is clever enough to fall into being called a troll.

I've followed his 'work' for years and I'm left with the impression his allegiance to his alma mater is so strong that it skews his outlooks on teams around the SEC. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind a reporter being loyal to his school as long as it doesn't affect his opinion. The late Stuart Scott was one of the best in this arena. There are a select few that I'd call his peers.

It's one extreme or another. On one hand you have your Sallee's of the world, and on the other hand you've got guys who purposefully represent themselves as overly non-biased.

To be frank, he fits with CBS and would at a site like Yahoo as well.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No i never said that. I meant in that instance only. Situationally dictates decisions.

unclenick and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Fair enough. I agree his allegiance to Georgia definitely shines through and that may be why I consider him a troll. I also may be jaded from his time with Bleacher Report where it was his job to be provocative and troll other SEC teams, because that's basically the agenda of BR.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

He did grow up in the Atlanta area but he's an Auburn grad. He spent the last two years of his undergrad in their media relations department.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I always thought he was Georgia boy.....shows how much I know.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've a bit of an advantage here...had some dealings with him when he was down there and I was working the college football scene(s) at the time.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

TigerTap...watch out you'll get labeled a NegaTiger by telling the truth and pointing out reality.

TigerTap likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He is not a negatiger. He is the antitiger as long as anybody but Elmer Fudd is the head coach.

didit and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

False. I expected LSU at the very least hire a winning coach, with some sort of pedigree. What we got a Coonass from the Shrimp Boat.

Why weren't schools heading to LaRose, LA. to offer O, after he was fired by the Saints after 1 season for doing a poor job & during 2014 when he was unemployed?

Somebody ordered the Code Red on LSU football. Those people are: Jake Netterville, Scott Ballad, Chatelain & Yarborough & a several other retards are ordered the Code Red & are responsible for LSU falling off the CFB map in under 2 years.

I'd have been fine with a new coach as long as it was an upgrade or even the appearance of an upgrade. That wasn't the case was it?

2017: Let's wait to see the product on the field, before passing judgment."
    2018: "Let's wait to see the product on the field, before passing judgement"

How Fucked up is LSU right now?

"When Coach O was hired as interim," Netterville said, "we went to him and said, 'Look, there are a lot of people in our organization that have been turned off by Les Miles.' I'm not going to get into why or anything, but he's not real friendly. O, on the other hand, will do anything you ask him to do. So we said, look - I didn't do this, but the CEO does it - here's 25 names of people who have been very loyal supporters of football as well as LSU that have kind of disassociated themselves because they couldn't go to first base with Les Miles. Would you mind calling, just introduce yourself, and say, 'Welcome. We want you involved,' and all that? He called five a day.

"He called me. I'm in Rome! I said, 'Coach, I'm so glad you got the interim job,' I said. 'But you know, I'm in Rome.' He said, 'Rome? I bet they don't serve etouffee in Rome!' "
    - Jake Netterville LSU TAF

https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/11/hes_still_stealing_from_us_tha.html

TeamofSavages likes this.