Orgeron cost LSU $5.2 million in his first season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 6, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

GregLSU, LaSalleAve and kcal like this.
  3. didit

didit Veteran Member

5-6

Rouxleaux likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

That’s a long term bet. Not much of a gambler, but I can see the appeal :p. Really don’t want to jinx anything so I don’t feel comfortable speaking anything into reality, it’d have to be something I don’t care about.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Mike the Tiger's crying.......

yaw yaw......footbaw

LaSalleAve and stevescookin like this.
  6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Look at what the LA Rams did this year. They fired an old coach with stale methods (good), and hired a young guy with great ideas and in year one flipped from the last team I would ever watch on TV to an exciting, winning team.

Now look at LSU. Fired an old coach with stale ideas (good - maybe don't do this in the middle of the season though) and hired another old guy whose only skill appears to be yelling and turning red. The Tigers could have taken a look at any number of young guys with good, modern offensive ideas and paired him with Aranda.

What do we have now? We have the SAME team that frustrated us for so many years. LSU can win about nine games by running all over teams, and has no passing game to deal with the teams that can stop the run. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Does anyone think that Ed Orgeron has a single interesting idea for the offense? Does anyone think that another major program would have hired the guy? Me neither.

lsu_dane, cul2969, LSU_4_LIFE and 3 others like this.
  7. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Whether or not he turns out to be a good hire did you really think we were gonna see a championship caliber team this year? What did you expect with the players we had returning and the injuries? As much as I like his heart and toughness appreciate the effort he gave, I was never under the delusion that Etling was gonna take us to the promised land.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How y’all think Jimbo Fisher is gonna fail because he had a better season at 6-6 than Ed has ever had save 1 season with about 10 players he recruited is fucking bananas.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

cul2969 likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

I’ve got plenty of criticism for Eaux, but he hasn’t been an unmitigated failure to date, especially when comparing to how the first two guys we wanted to hire did this year. Your opinion has been clouded by irrational hatred. As someone else has stated, you’re bordering on TT territory.