Opening morning way better than expected

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Sep 3, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You often begin your success stories with shit like, "Oh, the conditions were not conducive, BUT." Stop feeding us that stuff like your piling up of game is by some stroke of luck. You need to try out for the cast of Naked and Afraid.

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

This is the outdoor forum. I am sure there's a whine like a little bitch forum somewhere

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    GregLSU, shane0911, KyleK and 2 others like this.
  3. LSUTiga

NOW you're fittin in, pal but that was a compliment, not bitching.

4. jvalhenson

Picked away at limit in the rain this morning solo sittin under the edge the porch roof
    [​IMG]

Brother also shot a limit yesterday evening so sittin at 120 total off this little patch so far. Won't be many gettin few and far between. This mornings limit took from daylight to 11:30 and prob only saw maybe 5 others that I didn't get.

5. LSUTiga

Yall have any Eurasian doves there? They're taking over around here. Having trouble with them eating my chickens' feed. I used to throw corn in my batting cage that we had hung in our barn and catch a dozen or so every now and then. No longer have a batting cage so I'll have to shoot them, I guess.

[​IMG]

6. jvalhenson

Few. Not many though. They dont come to the millet though for whatever reason they stay in the pecan trees

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have to know. Why do you have a batting cage?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he has these things called kids ya know. females like to pretend they can play too.

GregLSU likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

I had two daughters who played, I coached and also had a high school coach, and a lot of parents, who would send me kids to work on hitting, slapping, etc.

10. jvalhenson

still a few flying in but as usual getting slower and slower as this 1 week first season goes. Knocked down another 10 yesterday after work think I saw maybe 5 more but had to leave at 5 so missed out on what has been being the best time.. Goal every year is to get between 125-150 to have plenty for a few grillings at camp and these made 130 total so right on track. We dont get the migraters here anymore so after first season thats pretty much it. 2nd and 3rd season never any birds here any more so gotta get em all this week. Keep trying to get more folks around here to plant for them try to get the migraters here like they used to be when there were 20 fields planted but folks dont seem to interested in it anymore. All the fields now are over on the west side of Harrison and all across Hancock county so the migrating birds are mostly over there now where the food is.