Open Dates on schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by watson1880, Nov 20, 2019.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

maybe so, I guess I don't know,.. just checked, USC did have the week off before Notre Dame

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

When I was very young my father told me when he made enough money to pay taxes he would not bitch about it

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

My dad was the one who told me paying taxes was a good thing. His law office was audited by the IRS twice. Came out clean both times. In fact they owed him some money one one audit.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It isn't the income tax I bitch about. It's all the other chickenship bullshit. Every time I buy anything I have to pay an extra 10% for state and local sales tax. Spend a hundred and you have to give those assholes another $10.

And property tax, Why should I have to pay anything just because I own a house? I looked at my water bill today, I only used $8.53 cents of water but my bill is $83. They charge a bunch for sewer and garbage. Garbage was $23 which I don't mind pay for that but the sewer portion was over $50. How in the hell can $8.83 worth of water use $50 worth of sewer?

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

there was a forest fire near here a few years back, swept through a neighborhood, burned down maybe 20 houses,.. the people had been paying property taxes all along,.. some of the victims wanted to live in a travel trailer while they cleaned up the mess, the county tried to make them pay $900 for a permit to live on their own property

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's fucked up. Do they charge sales tax on weed?

7. GiantDuckFan

it was very fucked up, everybody who heard about it was outraged, finally a gal who worked in the planning dept, stepped forward, had the fee waived and did some other stuff that actually helped those people

no sales tax in Oregon,.. except on recreational marijuana sales, 20%

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A government employee who actually helped somebody. Very strange,

9. GiantDuckFan

wasn't even her job, she just wanted to help,.. besides getting the fees waived,.. she contacted wp, our garbage company, and they parked a bunch of dumpsters in that neighborhood, no charge, to help them clean up the mess,.. a lot of paperwork involved for the victims, they complained about the near dailey long drives to the courthouse, which is next to our library,.. there's a branch library in their little town, she set it up, so that the library shuttle van would deliver and pick up some of the paperwork, she did little things that helped a lot,.. I think she's a hero.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I had a similar issue whenever I purchased my land. I'm right on the border of city and Parish and they tried to tell me I had to annex my land into the city but if I did they wouldn't let me put a well AND would require I PAY to extend the main water line to feed my house. It'd have cost me 10k and I'd have had a water bill every month.

The entire reason I bought this property is because I called Waterworks before I purchased to verify I didn't have to get city water and I called city planning to verify the land could stay Parish and not be city. Of course the guy didn't remember my call from a couple of months earlier. Thank God Louisiana is a 1 person state for call recording. I had all my calls saved with the conversations I had about everything.

I paid 9k for a well and sceptic that can both run multiples homes and my only monthly expense is the marginal amount of power it takes to run. By the time they need anything more than routine maintenance the money I'll have saved not paying the government will have paid for a new well / sceptic.

Same goes for the reason I dropped landlines. $6 a month for service and $25 worth of taxes.

I know that's a long winded post just to say, Yeah Fuck stupid taxes.