Open carry in Cali is legal!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by watson1880, Aug 9, 2018.

1. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-gun-carry-ruling-20180724-story.html

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the 2nd Amendment protects the right to openly carry a gun in public for self-defense.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2-1 that Hawaiian officials had violated George Young's rights when he was denied a permit to openly carry a loaded gun in public to protect himself.

Frogleg and LSUTiga like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Great to Hear!

Frogleg likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Now they can shoot back at the illegals and gang members, at least a fighting chance.

Frogleg likes this.
  4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

How does this make open carry legal in California when the case was about Hawaii?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is the most liberal judiciary in this country. If they upheld the 2nd amendment then the ruling would apply throught their jusidiction which includes the state of California. Very surprising of them to rule that way.

GiantDuckFan and tirk like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Stupid fucking law.

Now every douchebag on the planet is gonna have a gloc to match their nike’s, carrying it in the open legally. I swear people in this country are fucking retarded.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

AAAAHHHHH every douchebag ALREADY is carrying his gloc its the innocent people who are restricted from carrying and defending themselves. Are you living on a cloud? Chicago has the most restrictive gun ownership laws in the nation yet the largest amount of gun deaths in the nation.

It may be a cliche and corny now but "when seconds count the police are minutes away". We are out here on our own buddy like it or not.

watson1880 likes this.
  8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

It ain't the law abiding people you have to worry about.

“Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins.”

― Sammy Gravano

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Watson is on the money. If anyone knows how stupid gun control is it's "The bull" FB-Sammy-Gravano_1200x628.jpg

watson1880 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Open carry was already legal. The court just reaffirmed that right when the state of Hawaii ursurped the 2nd ammendent.
    You should be rejoicing that even the ultra liberal 9th circuit had enough sense to uphold the constitution.

Winston1 and LSUTiga like this.