One thing I find very interesting about those complaining about an ALL-SEC NC game ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Other than conference games UCF scheduled Georgia Tech and Maine, both of which were canceled. They beat thr feared Maryland Terrapins. Then they got the benefit that sometimes befalls the Boise State types and got into a major bowl vs a team that was disappointed for not having achieved higher aspirations and was unmotivated and going through the motions. No way the little guys deserve a seat at the banquet unless they schedule and beat ranked foes in the regular season. A mptivated Auburn would have kicked their asses.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You are so, so wrong here. There are more than 10 this century.

Shit that matters doesn't include the PAC this football season.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I see that differently. This season we saw a lot basically dismissing Ohio State getting beaten by 31 by an unranked team. To me, that's watering down the regular season at four teams.

Was this not the purpose of the playoff? To put the best teams in the playoff?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

We only way to objectively select the best teams is on the field. Bama lost the West. They didn't earn it. They got by on reputation. The purpose of every championship is to crown the best team. Doesn't mean the best team always wins. Hell, let's just hand the Lombardi trophy to Belechick every year.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Unless UCF can predict the future, tell which teams will be legit, force legit teams to schedule them, and ensure their schedule matches up with UCF’s, they don’t deserve to play for a NC?

That’s a lot to expect. I guess another solution would be to force the SEC to accept them as a member.

Seems like too much to expect.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Like any true American, I do not care for Nick Saban or his football team.

Alabama deserved its #4 seed. They had a better season than their two biggest rivals for that last spot: Ohio St and USC - who both lost two games and were blown out in at least one of them. Those two teams are just as much CFB royalty as Bama, and they shot themselves in the foot.

I don't like it one bit, but I can't objectively put someone else in that #4 spot. Let's just hope they lose and Nick has to cry into his Little Debbies.

7. lsu-i-like

Best and most deserving. A lot of the arrogance people dislike Bama for is on display in the post above.

8. lsu-i-like

They also got an extra week of rest. Maybe Saban has graduated to the idea that conference championships are getting in the way of his team winning the NC.

el005639 likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

Alabama could have been objectively and subjectively left out.

10. lsu-i-like

There’s that arrogance. You know it’s bad when I’m siding with USC.