One thing I find very interesting about those complaining about an ALL-SEC NC game ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jan 3, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

In the days of Bear Bryant, maybe. Believe it or not, these days most of the top NASCAR drivers are from either the left coast or the northeast.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have the home track advantage at Talledega.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

One of the nicest stretches of Interstate I've driven on is the stretch of I-20 that runs through Talladega county--a noticeable change from county to county. Coleman lake is on my to-do list for a camping trip.

Race track ... will remain as it is: something I pass driving down the I.

kcal likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol, seriously? In any thread about minor college sports (i.e. non-football) and titles, The Pac12 and Furd are the standard.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

uscvball, lsu-i-like and el005639 like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

True, but the roots of the sport are from the south and the majority of the fans are southern. The last of the great old school southern drivers died at Daytona in 2001. Junior was a really good driver but he didn't have that do anything to win mentality like his dad. A lot of the drivers made their bones and climbed the ladder from the many small town dirt tracks thoughout North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee. Now they come up from the midget car racing in the midwest.

At any rate we are exactly one month from the Daytona 500. Boogedy, boogedy boogedy! Let's go racin' boys!

mctiger likes this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

In a thread about two teams from the same conference playing for a title with very few voiced complaints on other sports, yes. Suddenly, we see bragging about "Furd, et. al" and start throwing shit around about titles--where you weren't thinking, clearly.

It's quite ironic reading how this scenario (two conference teams) has been described as bad for the sport and yet pulls good ratings. It's also ironic we didn't hear the same complaints about other sports--major sports on top of that. Another irony would be reading a PAC fan refer to softball in this fashion when so much was made of the conference and their softball history: deserved, mind you. I'd have to say softball is hardly a minor sport in the southeast today.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Doth protest too much. Title envy...

uscvball likes this.