One thing I find very interesting about those complaining about an ALL-SEC NC game ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jan 3, 2018.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

... in football this year is this ONLY comes up about football. Where are the complaints about ...

Baseball-2017 when LSU faced UF.
    Women's basketbal-2017 where USC faced Mississippi State.
    Softball-2014 where UF faced Alabama
    Or baseball again (2011) where USC faced Florida.

This years NC game marks the sixth time this has happened since the BCSNC game in '11--yet, those other four match-ups are seemingly ignored?

Neat little @SEC fact: 6th All-SEC national title match since 2011 (and third since last March): Football 2017 (UGA-Ala), Baseball 2017 (LSU-UF), Women's Basketball 2017 (USC-MSU), Softball 2014 (UF-Ala), Baseball 2011 (USC-UF), Football 2011 (Ala-LSU)

watson1880 likes this.
  2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

It's jealousy. They love to hate on the SEC. If it were Big 10 or Pac 12 there probably wouldn't be as much bitching

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Yes, just where was the uproar over the NCAA Softball final? Just weeks ago, USC and UCLA met in the water polo championship! What were we talking about again?

Right, football. The critics were right to reject the LSU-Bama 2011 rematch. The idea of that game, and the game itself, were a detriment to the entire sport. But this year's game came about pretty organically, and it's not a rematch, so it's cool.

ParadiseiNC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Jealousy is the main reason we hate Bama. We also hate SEC football refs for good reason. They protect the highest ranked teams (like Bama) to ensure SEC presence in championship games. There's a lot of money at stake for the conference.

One of my customers/friends in Abita Springs is a big 12 football ref. He said every stadium there has 10 fixed cameras. All film plus TV film is sent to the NFL for review and grading by NFL refs. (It sharpens their game to do this) if a big 12 ref gets bad grades, he's indefinitely suspended. It may be one week. They may never call you again.

He used to be an SEC ref. He left for the big 12 because he hated the SEC Bull Shit. He said you have to know somebody to get hired. But most of all....

The SEC is the only major conference that DOESN'T use outside 3rd party evaluation to evaluate referee performance.

I asked him what system do they use ??

He said, "They use the good ole boy system. They keep every thing in house and hardly ever correct their refs."

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

They use the Birmingham system. Whatever it takes to get gumps in.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Buck fama
    hNIhhcDdsKGtvSB-1600x900-noPad.jpg

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

When there are conference champs sitting at home, they kinda got a point. The system is better than no playoff, but 8 would be better than current.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

At least now bama will have to play in a conference championship...

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Softball doesn't count

Bengal B likes this.
  10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That is a fantastic point. Also, fuck Alabama.