One of the largest grassroots protests and "This...is CNN"

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Apr 15, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

:insane:

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

To be fair....at this moment (10:42am according to my desktop) CNN has just finished a report on "Tax Day Tirades" (their title) with what appear to be viewer reports from events around the country. I don't have the sound on, so I don't know what's being said. FOX is teasing coverage of the crew of the Maersk Alabama's return home.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i find it ironic that most of the people who are against taxes, who dont believe that they should pay to help the less fortunate, or who are against the whole "fair share" idea, are the same people who call themselves christians, and what is more christ like than to not give a damn about the less fortunate.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

:dis: You need to learn about actually understanding the other side of the argument before your refute it. Regardless, not what I came here to talk about.

I'm confused about this whole tea party thing. I am concerned greatly with the out of control spending (I was also very much against Bush's spending as well so everyone relax), and also concerned, although less, about the increase in taxes. I was under the impression this is what the tea parties are about. However, I went to the local tea party website and I get a message about a protest against anti christian policy's. I was under the impression this was a fiscal policy/conservative thing. Is it also a religious thing? Just unclear.

5. Andouille

Andouille Guest

How much did you pay in federal taxes Red? I can assure you it pales to what I just paid.

6. Andouille

Andouille Guest

1) I am not a Christian.
    2) Lazy people who do drugs, pump out babies while holding their iphones are not "less fortunate"
    3) The current system is grossly unfair when most American's pay no federal taxes at ALL.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

8. Andouille

Andouille Guest

I have to pay for all of the bull**** programs you and the people you elect force upon me. How much did you just pay in federal taxes?

I just paid more in taxes than you and Red make in a year combined Amigo.

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

when will people realize that it's not a left right thing but actually a politician thing. no one wants to be president to help out things, they want the title. they are all crooks in my book

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Hold on before you post your next comment, I have to make some more popcorn. This ignorance is getting good.

You still havent explained how you are carrying me. If its true that you pay more in taxes than I do, doesnt explain how you carry me. I dont depend on any social program even the ones you can dream up.