ONE FOR THE AGES

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, May 13, 2020.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I'm not, I am an artist

[​IMG]

gynojunkie, el005639, kcal and 2 others like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's what Larry Flint said.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

who?

gynojunkie and el005639 like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The guy who had Hustler magazines

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Why yes you are mon ami

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I lost my entire post & had to retype the whole thing, that's why it's now lower. Had to delete & repost.

I've known Tap since 1973. Also our friend "TheWant", who rarely posts. Do you think we agree on everything? Not close to it. I don't see my posts as resembling his. Tap is a Prosecuter & also a highly skilled writer - when he wants to be. I didn't go that direction in college.

When you are best buds with someone for what, 47 years now, you tend to have a lot of the same opinions & interests. Our wives are also "BFFs". Damn I hate that acronym. Tap & his then girlfriend, now very beautiful wife, introduced me to my lovely bride, on a blind date. So, there's that. Tap did me a huge solid, the best in my lifetime.

You think we don't argue over music? Yeah right. As for guitars, I didn't know you played. Tap & I have been having the same damn argument about humbuckers & single coils since about 1981! Tap refuses to play any Cream years Clapton on single coils. "Too weak, needs more power". I agree on certain songs. And of course I have a Strat, as a main guitar, he's got a Les Paul. Truth is he likes single coils too, but loves the crunch of the 'buckers. We switch out quite a bit. We're both playing PRS lately too, with coil taps. True, Clapton played humbuckers in Cream, but switched to singles on the Layla or I believe. Then he brings up Skydog playing both chords & killer slide on humbuckers, during the Layla sessions. Generally my ace in the hole has been Hendrix for single coils. ( David Gilmour, Stevie Ray V, Clapton, etc.) But you know Tap, he finds pics of Hendrix playing a Flying V or an SG.

Exibit A:

"Hey man, thought Hendrix was a Strat man?"
    [​IMG]

It's fun though, he & I have learned each other's styles pretty well. We can bounce long solos between us pretty easily, without missing anything. I was surprised at how good "unclenick" can play. 4 of us had a nice 2 hour jam going. "TheWant" plays too, but has taken a shine to the bass lately. Shit, we even argue about the brand tubes we are using in our amps.:p "I'm No Angel" either, pun semi-intended. I find him plenty of pics of a few choice humbucker players, that we both consider well, not to1o great.

Tap circa 1998:

"Purple haze all in my brain
    Lately things don't sound the same"
    [​IMG]

unclenick, TigerTap and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the number of people are secondary. the timing of you negative nancys to appear immediately after this dude hasnt posted in months is so obvious for a site that averages 10 total posts a day. He’s a notary public with ambition which is fine.

no one really cares. It doesn’t change things. He hates oeaux and loves les more than LSU and is gonna get shit for it. And all his aliases that’s appear on cue.

shane0911, furduknfish and el005639 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A skilled writer doesn't make as many spelling errors, knows the context and meaning of the words he uses and doesn't make so many syntax errors.

By the way you and Uncle Nick make exactly the same mistakes.

shane0911 and mctiger like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe a disbarred notary public. If he was your notary maybe somebody else really owns your car.

10. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

It's called Coach O Derangement Syndrome.