Politics On Wikileaks, journalism and privacy:Reporting on the Podesta Archive is an easy callThi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/13...rting-on-the-podesta-archive-is-an-easy-call/
    This is very interesting piece by Glenn Greenwald (no Trumpkin here) on what should be taken from and done with the latest Wikileaks dump of Clinton campaign secrets. Part of me and I admit a very large part is enjoying the discomfort the Ds are having. They have had to make a 180* turn from protecting this sort of activity to condemning it and casting aspersions to the source. Since Watergate and the Pentagon papers the democrats and the left have relished the discomfort brought on their political enemies by exposes of this type. Today they are being hoisted on their own petard and horrified I tell you horrified that someone would expose them. Interesting how the laud the NYTimes for publishing DT's tax returns yet cringe and try to change the subject about exposing the moral flaws in the DNC & Clinton campaign.

However in spite of the fact I hold distaste and have done so since Watergate for the way the information was obtained, I have come to understand it is important to shine a light on the cockroaches who try to pervert our government to their desires whether right or left.
    There is a difference between the Wikileaks and Watergate etc actions and motives and that done to damage the country or put it at risk like Snowden or the other FBI guy who sold out to the Russians.

As Greenwald says journalists need not ask or worry about where or how the information comes to them. Likewise we as citizens should look at what as released and decide what it tells us about our leaders. Sometimes an unpleasant truth is better medicine than a false belief.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I have no problems with the Wikileaks hacks. I don't think they've done anything to hurt her with the folks who were already going to vote for her. For those who are still considering whom to vote for, the e-mails tell us nothing new about Clinton. She is very calculated and ambitious, which makes her like any other politician. None of the information that has been revealed has been earth shattering or anywhere close to it. So, for once we agree Winston. Journalists have to do their jobs regardless of where the information comes from.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Height of objectivity.

HRC is as ethically sound as Trumps hand near a pussy.

The difference we are the pussy and HRC is about to have a big handful.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But the moral of the election is that a woman's unharmed vagina is more important that our security.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

There are no people left who are undecided. If there are, they ain't voting on Election Day.

LMAO. That is funny.

HalloweenRun likes this.