On the Clock ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Apr 23, 2020.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Really?
    2016, they get Rankins, Thomas, Vonn Bell (hate that they let him go) and Onyemata.
    2017, arguably the best draft any team has ever had....Lattimore, Ramczyk, Kamara, Williams, Anzalone and Hendrickson.
    2018 had some misses, but you get Davenport, Tre'Quan Smith, who will probably settle in as the #3 receiver now that we've got Samuels, Clapp and Boston Scott, who is playing for Philly, I think, just couldn't make a place for him here.
    McCoy, Gardner-Johnson last year, plus Hampton and Kaden Ellis, both of who I think have a lot of upside.
    Bottom line, in the last 4 years, we've had 24 picks, and only 2 never played a down in the NFL. All but 4 have played in at least 10 NFL games. Of the guys I mentioned above, 12 are regular starters, and 3 have started multiple games for us.

From roughly 2008-2015, the Saints would routinely fuck up the draft. But since they brought in Ireland, they've been much better.

fanatic likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ruiz started 6 games at guard as a freshman. The talking heads on the draft show said it, and the first 2 analyses I found on youtube said it.....of all the top inside line players in the draft, Ruiz is the one guy who's capable of playing all 3 inside positions, center, left guard or right guard.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shane follows the saints as closely as he does OU softball. He catches a few highlights before the kc game comes on.

shane0911, mancha and mctiger like this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Ok
    Ok bro. It will have to sink in.could they have not done something like that later and get another need in the 1st?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what did bobby say. wait and see? smart but im sick of waiting and seeing. just take an LSU stud you fucking assholes. its good PR if nothing else.

god kristian garrick is pretty bad. deuce is average at best. zach is mediocre. detillier and bobby are the only ones worthy of the gig. they should revamp. maybe take chris blair.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wish I had thought to listen. I can only take so much of Roger Goodell.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah Really

They consistently draft bullshit that we don't fucking need and ignore positions that we do. Then we end up with a shit show like Eli "I'm as soft as"Apple Pie.

Man fuck the Saunts, like I said as soon as Drew is done we are right back to the bottom

8. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Well, Ruiz he did make All-Big 10 (Second team) last year & All-Big 10 3rd team in 2018.

NFL Draft Grades:

Cesar Ruiz 6.40
    Patrick Queen 6.71

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'll forward your contact info to the Saints front office so that you can get their draft straightened out. I'm sure they would be delighted to hear what you have to say.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tell Sean Payton if he would have drafted some LSU players he would have won more than one Superbowl. I can't imagine an LSU DB making the bonehead play Marcus Williams did in 2017.

shane0911 likes this.