OM GBU - Good, Bad, and Ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 22, 2017.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I put this on the coaches. A good coach will put a mediocre QB in situations to win or at least not lose. Seven step drops are going to get Etling killed; The short to medium passing game has been non-existent. The dump off passes to Williams were great and LSU will succeed if they integrate more.

2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

With all due respect it will take more than euphoria to get this done. We are not a top 5 team in no stretch of the imagination. We are playing better, but we do not have the horses or experience on the field to compete with the top tier. I am happy we are moving in the right direction, but Bama will walk over us without breaking a sweat. We are more physical than we started the year but not deep enough to handle the pounding they will put on us for 60 minutes. Ole Miss at times ran on us with a high school version of a running game. Bama makes a living running the ball, it will be ugly when we run out of gas. Its nobody's fault it is just where we are as a young and thin team. Hopefully we (young players) will learn to play and see where we need to be if we want to be back on top. Its a Prius vs a Semi Truck but I like your optimism, keep us positive!!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You’re right, that showed up on tv too. Must of been paid.

Pjoe likes this.
  4. Pjoe

Sometime in the third or fourth quarter they had to separate a whole section of LSU and OM fans. Not sure what happened or who started it, but during a timeout there was a big roar from the right side of us. When we looked over there was a ton of stadium personnel and police standing between OM section and LSU section. There was enough empty seats that they made all the OM section push over about 2 feet, so there was a large silver section of empty seats. I told my son we probably did something and the little OM fan in front of me turned around and said "no its probably our assholes". I couldn't stop laughing at that little girl. She actually became my buddy for the rest of the game. She was really football smart and was fun to watch the game with, and her dad was cool too.

5. lsu-i-like

I like our chances to give Bama a fight; might be the best team they’ve faced. We got plenty of talent and smart coaches. They might be a bit complacent and Saban is conservative, though I’m sure he recognizes this might be the toughest competition LSU will give Bama in years. No doubt they’re good, but I don’t have much respect for their qb.

Rouxleaux and Pjoe like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

GOOD/BAD - OM had a ton of critical drops as well.

7. Pjoe

If the game is fast moving we might keep it close for a while but their depth will take over and I just don't think we stay with them regardless of how much "want our damn strong football team" may have. It's just a matter of physics, we don't have the bodies to compete for 4 qtrs.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

We’ll be the healthiest we’ve been all year, Bama still pulls their pants on. At the very least I expect we’ll all be pleased with the effort. Canada is also creative, the players get his system, and we’ve shown the ability to sustain drives and shorten the game.

ParadiseiNC and Pjoe like this.
  9. Pjoe

I really am wishing for that but still trying to stay grounded. Keep that positive vibe going tho!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

I hear ya. Not sure what I’ll pick game week, but currently feeling the upset.

ParadiseiNC likes this.