Olympics

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by dachsie, Feb 13, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

So is anyone watching? One of my favorite events in on now - the snowboarding half pipe. It looks so cool!

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I try to watch like a good husband but I just cannot

Bayou Tiger and shane0911 like this.
  3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I would think the way you guys like to do crazy things all the time, you would like the halfpipe. It looks like a huge adrenaline rush

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Holy cow! Shaun WHite just went over 20 feet in the air. got a score of 94.25

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

About the only thing I like in the Winter Olympics is the downhill skiing where they go down the mountain at breakneck speed and whoever does it fastest gets the gold medal. I would like hockey if I was a hockey fan. It's an actual sport. The Summer Olympics is much better with running and swimming and basketball. Oh, I do like the short track ice racing. It's kind of like NASCAR with lots of crashes.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Many of you know that my oldest daughter is traveling until she starts med school in July. She was in India for the last month. Left there yesterday and arrived in Busan, South Korea. She will rest for a couple of days, then start making her way toward PyeongChang. She is going to the Olympics to see the ice skating. After that, more SK, then heading to Vietnam, Cambodia, China, etc.

I'm ready for that kid to come home!

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I like the competition in the events although we laugh at some of them. I don't know the names of the events but funny shiit.
    It will be on here till it's over though.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I think Curling would be awesome at tailgates if we had the weather.

Remember midget bowling a few years back? That's where people took midgets and threw them down the bowling alley. I can see curling at a tailgate turning into human bowling. Put on a crash helmet and bonk those granite stones out of the way! Basically humans shuffleboard on ice.

It's interesting, I have actually found myself watching more than normal this Olympics since I know that my daughter will be there in a week.

tirk and Bengal B like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lets do it. You bring the frozen playing surface to the next tailgate. I could see the game being adapted to playing on grass. Maybe use bowing balls instead of those stones and rakes instead of brooms.

By the way, what are the positions called? I think the person with the broom is called a sweeper. Is the guy throwing the stones called a stoner?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's hard for me to watch and I usually like Olympics. The skating i just cant. But even the curling is unbearable. I need luge and ski jumps i suppose.

shane0911 likes this.