Ole Miss vs LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Oct 19, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

gotta give it to the fans. they showed up last night and reminded us tiger stadium can still be magical. where opponents dreams come to die.

and i withdraw my initial reaction about storming the field. its a memory the students and players will never forget.

StaceyO, gyver, furduknfish and 2 others like this.
  2. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

I'm so happy that Welter has been relegated to special teams. Watching him chase people around the field as an LB made want to put my fist through a wall.

I understand your reasoning about AJ and totally agree that we must work Harris into the game plan to throw off Saban. It worked when we were forced to put JJ in the game in 2011, and we had success with him and Ford running the old school option (just enough yards to get us into to field goal range). Before the Ole Miss game, I posted that we should work Harris in the game plan for the same reason. Also, I was desperately hoping for some creativity offensively. And to some extent, I think we saw that Saturday. That beautiful toss to Fournette, the Stokes TD, and the screen game. Everybody told me that I shouldn't hold my breath and that we'd do nothing creative whatsoever.

I'm nervous about Alabama, but I always am. I hate them so much. When they lose to any team, it almost feels like an LSU win. I think we've regained our swagger on defense. No way we turn the ball over 4 times again. That said, we've got to put up a few points on the board. Jesus Christ. AJ's throwing is sporadic. I realize we just beat Ole Miss and they beat Alabama. But that reasoning alone doesn't convince me that we can beat Bama. Somebody tell me why they think we can beat them? I want some logical reassurance.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. tirk

bama can light up the scoreboard. its a bit harder for us. itd have to be another grinder and the d would have to replicate their performance last night. but it can be done. we cant play our style from a large deficit. so we cant give up big plays (cooper) and must make them earn everything.

9-6?

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why isn't Cooper in the Heisman talk? The guy is a beast, and better than everyone else being talked about IMO. I think LSU needs to be extremely physical with him on the line of scrimmage.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. tirk

because he sorta came out of nowhere. pretty sure hes doubled his catches per game, yards per reception and touchdowns already thanks to lane kiffin.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's been a very long time since the stadium rocked like it did last night. I can remember when every big game was like that and was very happy to see/hear Tiger stadium come alive again.

StaceyO and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

were you there?

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Just bustin' your balls, bro. It's all good.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I will admit, I haven't been watching Bama because every time I put one of their stupid games on, they start doing better.

But from what I was watching on Gameday yesterday, Cooper is by far their most targeted WR (almost 90% of the time?), so he is Bama's QB's safety net even more than Dural is for Jennings. I would put Robinson on Cooper, like we did with Mike Evans last year. By the second quarter of that game, I thought that big bastard was going to cry from RR being so far up in his grill. (Of course, the refs with their Bama lean might be calling interference, whereas, the refs in last year's A & M game allowed Evans and Robinson to play ball.)

So, the really big offensive explosions from Bama have been against A & M (who appears more pathetic than ever on defense) and Tennessee (who is simply pathetic.) They struggled badly against OM (and lost) and Arkansas (and should have lost.)

10. tirk

sims has been throwing it up to cooper since game 1 and he seems to come down with it every single time. theyve lit up everyone seemingly except ole miss and arkansas.

they were up 27-0 on tennessee at half, who has a good defense, then coasted.

we'd have to bust them in the mouth, like our o/d-line did last night because the bullies hadnt had it happen yet. its always fun to witness, however.

Bamas more like USC now imo, more prima donna than guts and guile. And if Im correct, I think we make them submit early. We just need to convert yards into points.

StaceyO likes this.