OL Starters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I agree while we’ve had all stars here and there rarely have we had a unit with depth.
    Frankly from the recruiting last year and so far this year maybe it’s changing.

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

We’ll have to respectfully disagree. I never was a Shanahan fan at all.

3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I was never a Shanahan fan, but apparently he was the best we had at the time and I blame that on coaching and recruiting. LSU should never be in a position where they have to go to a lesser division to find a starter. We should have them stacked and waiting for their turn to start!

Chipeace likes this.
  4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

He seems to be headed in that direction:D

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Speaking of OLs. I am watching the preseason game between the Saints and the Texans. Playing at right tackle for the Texans is Austin Deculus. He’s still rocking that # 76.

kcal likes this.
  6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I saw the same thing. I hope he somehow finds a way to make a roster. He gave his all to LSU and it would be nice to see him play a couple of years. Unfortunately, I saw a couple of plays last night where the defensive end just blew past him. I'm cheering for him, but his first step out of his stance is so slow that DEs, especially in the NFL, are going to get around him very easily. I think his best shot is moving him inside.

mctiger likes this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Agreed! It's been discussed before by many on this forum that he would be better suited as a guard. I am surprised that the Texans don’t see this as well.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Noticed him too, but not until the fourth quarter. Usually if you're playing in the 4th quarter in the opening week of preseason, you're at best a long shot to make the final cut.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Hopefully, the Texans will give him a shot inside if they see he won't make the team as a tackle. You move him inside and that's one huge man to try and get around. I'm like you, I don't see why he hasn't been moved inside a long time ago.

10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Agreed. And while his lack of foot speed made him a marginal tackle, he is quick enough for the guard position.