Oklahoma earns title as biggest choke artists

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by universitytube, Jan 3, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats not a credit.

also, they could have beaten Pitt with me, you and sabanfan running the wishbone. they choked. one of the greatest chokes of all-time. last night just solidified it even more.

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

How hard can it be to dump the ball off to Devine. Their backup had arms right? It was Pitt.

3. Cajunboy97

Cajunboy97 Founding Member

He jammed his thumb on his NON-throwing hand AND he's a running QB...so he sat out for awhile..till near the end of the game. :insane:

Btw, RP had a gash on his throwing thumb that kept on bleeding in the SEC Championship game.

Rich Rod totally choked. Can he win the big one at Michigan if he can't beat lowly Pitt to go to the BCS Championship game???

1 person likes this.
  4. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

I'll take four BCS games in five years anyday -- absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Oklahoma will right the ship and learn to win in Bowl games soon enough. Don't wake a sleeping giant.

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

obviously, thats not good enough in Norman....especially with the losses to WVU and Boise St

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

In looking back at that game, I can't remember that Devine even ran the ball....I just remember him in the return game. Maybe the worst coaching job I have ever witnessed in my life at any level and in any sport. I just don't know what Rodriguez was thinking. He just went braindead.

7. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

College Football fans have short memories. 15 years ago, Oklahama fans said the same thing to Husker fan..then we became king, and now pawn :huh: :nope: :eek: :dis: :bncry: :grin:

8. Cajunboy97

That game also still baffles me. It just seems like he went totally conservative all of a sudden...ahem...choked....ahem....he played not to lose cuz they are suppose to be superior to Pitt - instead of playing to win.

So sad for them - but I'm so HAPPPPY for us. :hihi:

9. Cajunboy97

tOSU is a choke artist against SEC teams in bowl games

0 for 8.

Let's just call them "the" choke artists after LSU makes it 0 for 9...:hihi:

10. khounba

khounba Founding Member

That's was the one thing that impressed me about WVU's new coach. The playmakers touched the ball A lot. And coincidentally, made big plays.