Oh boy, Louisiana is last again....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Mar 12, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I have no idea what you're talking about- the hand flips to the outside when you throw the loop but, regardless of how you "Crank" it, it's not the technique, it's the calf hitting the end of the line when the rope after the rodeo athlete gets a dally on the saddle horn.

2. LSUTiga

I understand, that was the point of the foolishness in our doctrine. :hihi:

3. LSUTiga

Seeing we're one of the last states to still have it, I'd beg to differ; however, I was referencing this:

:wink:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Aren't the 'necks all wasted on crystal meth now? They still give a damn about cockfighting?

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Right, it's trichinosis, and you can still get it if you don't cook your pork enough.

That was over 2,000 years ago, yet the most primitive among us still take such sillyness very seriously.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I hate to admit it but Ive been to a cock fight but it was a LONG time ago in Plaquemines Parish. There was a couple of old red necks around Belle Chasse who were into rooster fighting and took me and a friend to one. There was probably 40 nasty old rednecks there with cages and cages of birds. They kept most of them covered and were careful not to let the roosters see each other. Some even had these little masks on their heads so they couldnt see. The reason, we were told, is because they will try to fight even if they are in cages. A lot of them had hens in the cages to keep them occupied too. :hihi:

The little spurs they use are lethal. One fight we saw was over in about 2 seconds. One rooster just jabbed the other with a perfect shot to the head and he was toast. We knew what we were going to see but the biggest surprise to us was the amount of money being bet on these stupid fights. This was 25 years ago and there were hundreds of dollars being thrown around by guys who looked like they didnt have 2 nickles to rub together.

We were there for a total of about 2 hours then left. As teenagers we laughed about it but in retrospect it was pathetic. It was my one and only cock fight but these guys had been doing it for generations. Many of them raised roosters to sell and had a very good businesses.

7. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

During this entire discussion I've had a Beavis voice in my head laughing.

8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i look at it in a "glass half full" manner. we're not in last place, we're in first. we are the only state in the country where a man, a free man of any color, any creed, from any background, can come together as equals, and fight their roosters as human beings. god bless this great state.:usaflagwa :laflagwav :usaflagwa :laflagwav :usaflagwa :laflagwav :usaflagwa :laflagwav :usaflagwa :laflagwav

1 person likes this.
  9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Let's play devil's advocate...

Isn't America the land of the free? If some yahoo's out in the country want to get together and cockfight, why not? Its not in my face, and I don't have to see it, and I don't have to attend if I don't want to. What's the harm?

If some Cajuns claim its part of their heritage, who are we to tell them what they can and can't do in the privacy of their own club/barn/trailer/etc.

Further, with all the major issues going on in LA today, why are our legislators in all their infinite wisdom, wasting so much time, effort, and most important, DOLLARS, on an issue that affects less than 2% of the state's population?

Before everyone slams me, these are not necessarily my views. I am just throwing out some topics for discussion, since no one seems to be taking the other side. Consider me the moderator/question asker in this one-sided debate.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

I don't see the point in it and have never been but rest assured, you're in good company as these people are not what I'd exactly call "Trashy". :hihi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_fight