Oh boy, Louisiana is last again....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Mar 12, 2007.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I actually rung the neck of the chicken I ate myself. I raise em, kill em, and cook em. You guys are right. It probably is wrong to make animals fight each other. I would be more sympathetic if this were an animal I care about like dogs, or gorillas, or bigfoot.

2. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

And that's life - the killing of animals for consumption is natural. Sounds tasty, I've never had a freshly killed chicken like that.

Gladiator combat with them for the purpose of gambling is not...

3. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Nice find, but I could pass a law that defines a duck as a type of horse, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a duck.

Where's you get that from anyway? Is that Louisiana Code? Interesting to see the legal definition of cruelty.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Cockfighting (and dog fighting) are big in certain parts of Texas, primarily among severe rednecks and Mexicans. They're incredulous when people talk about banning their "sport," and couch themselves as political freedomfighters. It's bizarre.

Of course this type of thing should be outlawed. I'm not big on regulations and whatnot, but cruelty to animals should not be explicitly or tacitly endorsed. I think such behavior desensitizes some people to cruelty in general, and these animals are a gift/blessing that should be respected. They were put on this Earth for us to eat, not gruesomely abuse.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What about bull fighting?? Humane? :hihi:

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

No, that's even sicker. But at least the bulls can get revenge during the running of the bulls. Maybe we need to start the running of the cocks.

1 person likes this.
  7. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Sorry, I'm too old to join a frat again.

1 person likes this.
  8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

It is Louisiana Code. I remember when I heard this logic a few years back and thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. Although I guess the lawmakers figure that if something doesn't have hair then it isn't an animal.

FYI, you will get arrested if you try to make two ducks fight.

1 person likes this.
  9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

A ban on cockfighting almost passed last year. It got through the senate, but failed in the house. Seems like the rural lawmakers are the ones opposing the ban.

Maybe will get into the 20th century one day.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree that it needs to be banned but aren't there laws prohibiting underage drinking, marijuana use, speeding?? :D

It may look good to have the ban and will probably curtail cock fights but people who don't see the "Cruelty" will still find ways to get around it.

I've never been to one but they used to have some about 3 miles out of town where I grew up, and would see the pens they housed them in.....wan't to talk about cruelty, they'd keep them tied to a peg with a little dog house type shelter and it wasn't uncommon to see 30 or so in a fenced in pasture next to a house.

I'd hate to be the first one put in prison for "Cock fighting". :hihi: