OH BOY CHECK THIS OUT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Dec 6, 2021.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The basic problem is that just about EVERYTHING that is changing in NCAA football, well everywhere, is optimizing the individual at the expense of the team. Whether coaches or players it’s all about the individual.

Sure there will be a product, but in all likelihood, not one I’m real interested in watching.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

As far as I am concerned college football became dead once players can opt out like they seem to do these days in their own self interest so why can't coaches leave on a dime? The players do just that. On top of everything the players can be paid. I said in a different thread that college sports is now ran like a professional sports league. If college sports does die I have a few reruns to watch from time to time.

Mr. B, TCUTiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just wondering what made you name yourself sourdough man? I had no idea what sourdough was growing up in South Louisiana. Then I joined the Air Force where they shipped to Alaska and sourdough was everywhere. I fell in love with sourdough pancakes and make them once a week till this day. Love the bread too.

What's up with your name here?

4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

The direction college football is going including coaches salaries, paying players, money money money money money… It’s something I’ve coined as the “Saban Effect.” Who are we kidding? Every school is trying to be another Alabama. Money just continues to pump in. You can’t justify paying these coaches these exorbitant salaries and not compensate the players. I believe that with college football becoming essentially a paid semi pro league with tons of funds behind it, we may very well see high school football become what college football once was. The kind of innocent glory of the game is about to be gone. I’m very much a capitalist… But, this just got out of hand. Hopefully, I’m wrong and the evolution will be a good one. But given the information at the beginning of this thread… Scary.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The Texas plan stipulates for all athletes, regardless of sport, so they’re covered.

@shane0911 there goes softball

shane0911 and mctiger like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is good for Louisiana. Fact remains that as long as there is a player cap (amount of players on a team) it filters well for a school like LSU in a state with no real competition and elite talent.

7. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Do we have a fat cat donor or group of TAF donors that's willing to write a check for $10 million?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If we can fire a coach 2 years after winning a title I am sure we can figure it out.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

i agree,.. that texas plan sounds the death knell to college sports

gynojunkie and Winston1 like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Why is anyone surprised? Texas (the university not the state) is just an enormous pile of dog shit! Their ego has caused them to fuck up literally everything they touch. It is no wonder it is located in Austin (see the "liberals destroy everything they touch" thread in FSA) this is no different. Just a giant bag of collective assholes that are hell bent on fucking up anything good in the world. I hate them!

TigerFan90, Mr. B, fanatic and 2 others like this.