Offseason 2024

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 17, 2024.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@Kikicaca will be very happy, as the Saints sign QB Kellen Mond today. Also signed WR Equanimous St. Brown.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I saw that the other day and thought the same thing. Has that guy ever played in an actual game?

3. mctiger

Good selection in Taliese Fuaga last night. Best available at a position of need and, it could be argued, the best player available at #14 regardless of position. Mauler in run blocking and solid in pass protection. Unless Ram makes a miraculous recovery, plug Fuaga in at right tackle.

As we await the second round, here's a piece of Saints draft trivia I just learned.... in 1973, the Saints picked DT Derland Moore out of Oklahoma at pick 3 of the second round (29th overall). Played 13 years (12 for the Saints) and made a Pro Bowl. Until Baker Mayfield went to Cleveland with the overall number one in 2018, Moore was the highest selected CFB walk-on in the history of the draft.

4. mctiger

I think Koo-Aid was a good pick, just hope it doesn't mean Lattimore's days are numbered. Suspect at best he'll be gone after this season. I hear a lot of local media feeling like Spencer Rattler could be a Brock Purdey-type pickup for us. That would be nice, but I suspect our head coach is too stubborn to let that happen. Going to drive the Carr til the wheels fall off, no matter what better model is sitting in the garage. Really don't know anything about the other late rounders, but I heard a guy on the radio awhile ago saying we might have stolen a potential starter down the line in Ford, the LB from Texas.

5. mctiger

The most interesting name on the 53-man roster this year, IMO, is WR Mason Tipton. Injured before the first preseason game, this undrafted free agent made the roster - not the practice squad, the final roster - based strictly on his practice performance. Was also glad to see Rico Payton make the cut. That kid played his ass off in the preseason.