Offseason 2022

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 25, 2022.

1. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I thought the same thing, initially. I know I wouldn't take kindly to a stranger putting their hand on my chest, keeping me from going where I want. Just read Kamara hit the dude like 8 or more times, along with 3 other guys, some after he was on the ground. Just from that I think he may not be as mild mannered as we thought. One thing seems for sure, he's going to be out a whole lot of money.
    As for the Saints on the whole, I hated the direction the Saints were going during this last season. Mainly due to the QB situation. Then Payton quit. Now this. Make the bleeding stop. I guess the guy at the elevator may have thought the same thing (tongue in cheek).

mctiger likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yes, the offense struggled; especially down the stretch, but QBs like Drew don't exactly grow on trees and after Jameis got hurt, they did the best they could. I thought this year was one of Payton's best coaching jobs ever. 4 different mediocre QBs, an NFL record 57 different starters for various reasons and they still had a winning record and should have made the playoffs. Not many coaches could have done better.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Jameis deserves a chance to run it back. He was doing what the coaching staff asked of him and you could see him becoming a better QB week by week. I think what would be ideal would be a 2-year deal that doesn't break the bank, giving him the opportunity to continue to improve and give the team the cap leeway to upgrade his weapons. Then, if he shows he deserves it, give him the big deal in '24.

4. mctiger

NFL has gotten in bed with legalized gambling, catching a player gambling was inevitable. And the winner of a season-long suspension for 2022 is.................

The Failcans' Calvin Ridley

kcal likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Glad it was someone from Cantlanta. Ridley usually kills us.

6. mctiger

After a week of flirting with the Saints and Falcons, Deshaun Watson approves a trade with the Browns. Now we see how much this process pissed off Jameis.

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Man the massage parlors there must be insane.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I am honestly glad we didn't get him, as a casual bandwagon Houston Texans fan I do not like him at all.

mctiger likes this.
  9. mctiger

@Rolan I know there's probably more long-term potential with Watson than Winston, but also too much short-term risk. Haven't seen what Cleveland gave up for him, but I think Houston's advertised price was ridiculous. Then there's the potential suspension he's facing. I am still good with running it back with Jameis.

Two decent FA signings on the defensive side, safety Marcus Maye (wish we could have kept Williams, but Kris Richard could do some good things with Maye) and DT Kentavius Street, the guy who broke all 'dem Brees ribs. Street and Onyemata are an intriguing pairing in the d-line interior.

fanatic likes this.
  10. mctiger

Some mock drafts released in the last two days:
    CBSsports.com - Saints take tOSU WR Garrett Wilson at 18. Fellow Buckeye Chris Olave to the Eagles 2 picks earlier. Panthers and Falcons go QB in the top 10 picks, Kenny Pickett to Car. at 7, Malik Willis to Atl at 9. Derek Stingley to the Vikings at 12, only Tiger in the 1st round.

Walter Camp football - Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa. Anticipating an Armstead departure, but can't see this if Olave is still on the board. This picker has him going at 26. (Stingley to the Jets at 10)

si.com - Malik Willis, QB, Liberty, picker sees Winston as a "bridge" QB. Takes Willis with Olave, Stingley (Cardinals at 23) and Drake London on the board.