Offseason 2018

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jun 21, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And kept Trey Edmunds, who showed absolutely nothing this preseason.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. mctiger

NFL.com reporting the Saints will work out Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and a 3rd unidentified receiver tomorrow. Giving up on Cam Meredith?

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Did Meredith get hurt again or is it coach's decision not to play him? I was just looking at the team stats and after Thomas (70) and Kamara (51), the third leading receiver is Ben Watson with 26. Given how good the offense is, it's easy to see how thin we appear to be at the position. I'm not sold on Dez being a team guy, but his talent is undeniable. As for Marshall, I'm not sure how much he has left. I wonder how much longer until Ginn is healthy.

I'd also like them to consider bringing Bruce Irvin for a workout, if no one's claimed him off waiver yet. I think we also need more depth at D-line. With Davenport being out, teams are double teaming Cam. That's part of the problem with the secondary is that we don't get more pressure with the front 4. Rankins is up and down, but Okefor doesn't seem like the same player he was before he got hurt. Does he even have a sack this year?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. mctiger

I haven't noticed Meredith's name on the injury reports lately, he just doesn't seem to be figuring in the game plan. Austin Carr and even Taysom are seeing much more playing time the last two weeks. Would not want Marshall, but I think Brees could keep Bryant happy enough for him to be productive. Don't see us bringing in another DE. Payton loves Trey Hendrickson, and he'll get the chance to fill the void until Davenport comes back, which I think will be faster than projected.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That seems strange to me. He was supposed to be a great pickup, but he is injury prone. Now they're trying out other receivers. He must have really pissed off for him not to be playing when we're so thin at that position. Wonder why?

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Really good analysis. Agree with many points and appreciate the perspective.

fanatic likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Thanks for the insight. Agree about Dez vs Marshall.

9. mctiger

WWL says we're in contract talks with Bryant

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just hope he doesn't throw a tantrum because he doesn't get enough passes thrown his way. Payton has purged the team of bad locker room guys and it should stay that way.