Official Stretch Run for the 2016 Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 28, 2015.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree Bama will finish strong, but for whatever reason it looks like they finally won't finish with 25 recruits, which hurts their chances at finishing first this year. Looks like they will end up with 22-23 recruits. If they can somehow get to 25 with all 4 star recruits and the two expected 5 star recruits, then all bets are off.

The biggest challenger is Ohio State, which I'm not sure if they have any high value targets left. Same thing for FSU, which is currently 3rd and have only 21 recruits.

Georgia has a few high profile players left and if they can get them all , they will definitely push for top 3. They only have 16 at this point but are in decent to good shape for a few of the top 100 players. Georgia is slated to get 4 of the top 13 players in the nation and possibly 5 of the top 14. Special class if that happens. It runs their total score to 285.62, just behind LSU with only 19 recruits. Their target number is most likely higher than that (22-24).

If LSU lands Mullen and Fulton, then Ohio State would have to counter with 3 very high 4 star players to even have a shot. That's a lot at this late stage.

So if I had to project the 5 teams going for the top spot, it's LSU, Ohio State, FSU, Alabama and Georgia. Ole Miss and Michigan are longer shots but not out of it.

I'm going to do the computations a little later today on the top 100 uncommitted players and where they are expected to land and see how the rankings shake out.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  2. old school

old school Veteran Member

I guess it will be close. If Bama finishes with Ben Davis, Lyndell Wilson, Nigel Warrior, Terrell Hall, Shyheim Carter, Ahmmon Richards and Mykel Jones they will have 23 players and 301 points I think. I don't know how likely this is, but I'm just going by when they are listed as favorites.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not sure who Bama is targeting, etc... I heard today they were expecting 3 5* LBs but not sure if any of those are committed yet or not.

Also think Nigel Warrior will be Tennessee

4. islstl

I believe they are projected to get two of them, I don't know anything about a 3rd one, unless they steal one away.

5. islstl

Williams seems the most likely of any high profile O-lineman. I guess you can call it a mini-surprise.

6. islstl

Projected finish based on uncommitted recruits' 247sports crystal ball predictions:

LSU................. 298.33 (#21 Fulton, #60 Mullen)
    Ole Miss......... 295.27 (#19 Simmons, #38 Brown, #53 Anderson, #62 Knott, #338 Mathis)
    Alabama........ 293.42 (#10 Davis, #15 Wilson, #64 Hall, #71 S.Carter, #240 Jones)
    FSU................. 291.24 (#31 Dickerson, #51 Burns, #164 Williams, #153 Becker)
    Ohio State......286.05 (#130 Fuller)
    Michigan........ 283.06 (#1 Gary, #74 Asiasi, #135 Hill)
    Georgia.......... 277.77 (#13 Hardman, #84 Price, #118 M.Carter)
    Auburn.......... 265.93 (#9 Brown, #43 Craig-Myers)
    Florida........... 260.06
    Notre Dame.. 259.12 (#14 Robertson)

I extended it out to the top 338 uncommitteds (all 4 star minimum).

Based on that, I believe that LSU, Ole Miss, Bama and FSU have the best shots at getting the title. Ironically, Bama could get the title by pulling in a couple of Louisiana kids in Carter and Jones.

These teams are probably your top 10 teams as well (Clemson could sneak in at 10).

The Mullen recruitment between LSU and FSU is one of the key battles. That one recruit swaps LSU and FSU in the rankings (#1 vs #4).

Of course there are the NSD flips that schools always hope to avoid. Fowler seems to be the only LSU recruit that could do that.

I am fully confident that if LSU lands Mullen and Fulton and hold on to everyone else that we will end up #1. Bama would have to hit on 7 highly touted recruits on NSD, which is very unlikely.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Don't be surprised if Bama finishes #1 again, they'll finish extremely strong. I don't think a mediocre finish puts LSU #1.

8. islstl

what would be considered a mediocre finish?

9. TwistedTiger

Only one of the DBs and one other commit. Predictions for the remaining guys are all over the place from ain't coming to silent commit and that's when talking about the same player. Fowler IMO is a must. At least one of the remaining DBs, preferably two and I'd like another DL or OL. Finishing #1 would be nice, but I'd rather fill needs.

didit and shane0911 like this.
  10. TwistedTiger

WTF are you babbling about? Are you trying to compare LSU recruiting to USL? Apples and oranges, don't you think? Also are you trying to diminish the importance of Louisiana's production of quality recruits? If you don't think that greatly helps LSU, you're insane!