Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

no one should be surprised,his wife wanted this, she got what she wanted.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Except for @Bengal B

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I am totally surprised. No big time free agent in any sport has ever signed with Cleveland. Aren't you there now? I just heard a local Baton Rouge sports radio guy say he had to go to Cleveland once and he hoped he never had to ever go back.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I had a wife who wanted to live in Cleveland I would take her to see a doctor to have her head examined

5. shane0911

Been hinting at this for a week or more. @LSUDad isn't the only one with insider info. ;)

It isn't really a shocker. He has a chance to win an NBA title in his hometown. What is so hard to understand about that?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You ever hear about anybody from Florida retiring and moving to Cleveland? People are weird. I know a guy who is originally from Chicago who has a lot of money. He could live anywhere he wants because his business is on the internet. He loves to play golf so he makes frequent trips to places like Scottsdale and Myrtle Beach. Yet he chooses to live just outside of Detroit. A run down broke city where it gets bitchin' ass cold in the winter. Go figure.

LeBron would have chances to win NBA titles almost anywhere that would have the cap room to afford him and a good supporting cast. The new Cavs coach has never coached in the NBA. The general manager has no track record of any kind of success. They do have Kyrie Irving and are talking about trading first pick Andrew Wiggins to try to get Kevin Love. Love is not a free agent but will be after next season so it would have to be a sign and trade deal for Cleveland to be assured of more than one season from Love.

If LeBron didn't want to go back to Miami he would have a better shot at titles in Chicago, Houston or the LA Clippers than he will in Cleveland. I'm surprised you weren't lobbying to get him to OKC. I don't think they have the cap room but can you imagine LeBron with Kevin Durant, Westbrook and Ibacca?

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Man people on my Lakers boards have been dogging me. I know where people are gonna sign, it's in my gut. If the Lakers stay out of contention, I actually hope he wins one in Cleveland.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What does Miami do now? They are free to offer Bosh a max deal but Bosh is a good player, not a great one. He isn't worth a max deal without the supporting cast to mesh with. Bosh will be better off signing with Houston and joining Dwight Howard and James Harden. If they give Dwayne Wade more money than he is now worth it would just be a reward for past service. Can they now make a run at Carmelo Anthony? Would a deal for Kevin Love be feasible? Pat Riley must feel like he's been punched in the gut.

AND WHY HAVEN'T THE PELICANS MADE ANY MOVES?

9. shane0911

You just aren't getting it. Yes, Cleveland is a crap hole and no one in their right mind would live there, but that is his hometown, those are his people. You should have seen that city when it was announced. Yes, he could have went anywhere (except OKC cause we can't afford him) but he only has 1 hometown. What is so hard to understand about that?

10. shane0911

They will probably throw a pile of money at Melo but look for Kevin Love to join LBJ in Cleveland. It is already in the works bruh. That is going to be a bitch of a team to deal with. Not much of a bench to speak of but they will still be a tough out.