Official NBA Season Thread: 2009-2010

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 15, 2009.

1. chewie

chewie Glitched

I agree.

It's hard to win games when it's 5 against 4 (COUGH RON ARTEST COUGH). Some more drives to the hoop would help free up more open shots, if anyone of the Lakers besides Kobe and Vujacic would take a good shot instead of dribbling too much and ending up with a dwindling shot clock and a well contested jumper.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Lakers in 7, thats all.

1 person likes this.
  3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i do. he was drafted in the 2nd rd. he made little money and he has no degree. he could herniate a disc tomorrow and be out of the nba forever with nothing but a nice car, some expensive suits, some debt and no future.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Psssst, he re-signed already and making $5 base salary and getting paid an additional $500K a year to keep his weight down. Plus he will become an unrestricted free agent a year earlier than players selected in the 1st round in 2011 which keeps him off the rookie pay scale.

He could have waited and gone to a team with no rings and lower pay if selected in the 1st round and that is assuming his value did not drop at LSU by staying an extra year.

5. chewie

chewie Glitched

Can't argue with that logic, that's a good perspective. He can always go back to school, and that's assuming he doesn't know how to manage his finances.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ok, all that bad crap i said could have happened before he resigned. and getting drafted with boston was just luck. it has worked out for him but it was still a poor decision. hindsight.

you shouldnt leave early without a degree unless you are very likely to get sufficient cash in hand. he didnt.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That is why I asked if anyone still thinks it was a poor decision given the way it has all worked out for him. Plus finishing a year or half a year of college is no biggie.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Good night Irene, Perkins is out for Game 7, that will open up the lane all night for the Lakers. The Celtics have a tall task in this final game.

9. chewie

chewie Glitched

I smell foul trouble!
    Go Lakers.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

wont be a 20pt game at halftime though.