Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Pulling for the Rockets, naturally. I saw a Yao interview after the game, and the reporters asked him how it felt to pull the win out after being cast as such an underdog. Yao said "I don't know, I just learned the word underdog 2 days ago", everyone laughed. His english is actually pretty good.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Kobe Bryant has done it again. He threw a cheap shot elbow last night, Ron Artest signaled to the ref that he was elbowed in the throat, and the refs threw him out because they thought he was making a throat slash gesture, kind of like chris benoit or the undertaker. And because Ron Artest has the history with the cup thing in Detroit, he was ejected. Will Kobe get suspended, probably not, does he deserve it, YES. Kobe Bryant is protected by David Stern the pimp, he may be ejected and suspended from a regular season game, but it wont happen in a playoff game. The rule book says, a player who throws an elbow above the shoulders must be ejected. Action should be taken on Bryant, but lets be honest, it probably wont.

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I like Ron Artest and Kobe but come on he didn't get thrown out because the ref thought he was making a throat gesture he ran around like a mad man and what he is perceived to be.They both were playing physical in the paint when it happen. Imagine how scared the refs were when he ran up on him lmao, I listened to his post game interview and he stated what was reasonable reason for doing what he did ..stated he knew he would get a tech but not ejected but come on Ron you should know you just can't run across court and bump, point, whatever and get in another player's face ...now just imagine if Kobe was a flopper or woulda pulled that glenn davis move against brad miller and Kobe fell down when Artest ran into him... Ron would be out for some games also Ron said does Kobe know who he is. Ron Artest has to remember no matter how many years ago his incident of going into the stands and attacking fans even if they may have deserve it he is one bad move out of the League. I still would want Artest on my team after this FWIW and Kobe probably would still. I wish somebody could get a image of Artest telling Yao to get back and Yao just moved back lol.

4. LaSalleAve

have you to mike and mike this morning? I am just repeating what mike and mike said about artest with the throat gesture.

Kobe also has a history of throwing elbows. What kind of precedent are you setting in the NBA if you tell a "star" player, hey its ok to elbow because you put down 30 points a game. i would have put in a scrub and kobe would have been toast.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Kobe elbowed him blocking out which is different than blatantly throwing an elbow. Its what happens in the playoffs. Thats a little different than someone like Dwight Howard throwing an elbow when the ball was out of bounds.

Artest paraded around like an idiot for a minute after Crawford told him to stop...thats why he got tossed.

They did. Battier played almost the whole game.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Kobe sux.

God I hope he goes down in defeat to the Rockets.

All would be right with the world.

We gotta keep up the "you can't win it without Shaq" mantra. It's my favorite one going in all of Sport.

7. LaSalleAve

man i hope thats how kobe is remembered.

does anyone else think the rockets lakers series has the ugliest people ever assembled on a basketball court?

8. Nastynemec4565

Nastynemec4565 Just waiting on Strasburg

Artest was asking to be thrown out because they were calling the game much tighter in the 4th, especially after the Derek Fischer (suspened for game 3) shoulder charge on Scola. Artest was tossed because he would not calm down and they did not want the situation to get further out of hand. He didn't listen to Joey Crawford and I felt (even though I am going for the Rockets) got what he deserved. They did miss Kobe throwing them 'bows but he got T'd up later in the game for taunting Battier. Artest v Kobe is going to be an awesome matchup to watch these next games and as much as I want to see these two in a battle royale they will be calling the rest of this series very tight.

On a lighter note Rafer "Skip to my Lou" Alston is a little girl. That slap on Eddie House made me laugh so hard cause it was the girliest thing I've seen on a basketball court since the WNBA.

9. pjnchamps

LMAO...
    Here is Artest video with him talking about a situation that happen when he was younger..thoughts after watching please

YouTube - Ron Artest postgame interview on getting tossed PART 2 5/6/2009

[MEDIA]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3_xmYLBnnA

[/MEDIA]

10. pjnchamps

Don't know how the Hornets let Birdman go...