Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i thought it was kinda the opposite that because you cant double the man without the ball that you can isolate (for a few moments).

just checked the boxscore. i was wrong---unless there was a big difference in the style of play in the first and second halves. i didnt see the first. both teams had over 50% of FGM off of assists.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Lakers/Rockets

Assuming most of the players play to their average a lot of it will come down to the minutes when the backups are in. It will probably be a good series with both teams winning on their home courts. I would guess it is imperative for the Rockets to win one of the first two games.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

lol Billups is the truth for 1 playoff series. He will show his true colors very soon, just like the last 3 years in the Conference Finals.
    All part of the plan:thumb:

4. clair

clair Rockets

Uncle Joe could have used Billups for 1 game of the playoffs -- much less 1 series. :)

5. clair

clair Rockets

Bench: Rockets 16
    Lakers 18

Kobe + Gasol = 46 points
    Ron + Scola = 31 points

+15 Lakers = not bad at all for Houston when you consider that it's +16 for the Lakers for the season at SG and PF in the series.

The real difference was that Yao was the best player on the floor on Monday and that Fisher just can't guard anyone -- much less Aaron Brooks.

The Lakers are a much better team when Fisher is not on the floor imo.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Kobe Bryant
    FGM-A 14-31
    3PM-A 1-7
    FTM-A 3-5
    AST 4

This could get interesting! Can Artest maintain his composure?

Will Bryant lose his cool if things aren't going well? How will he handle the pressure when people remind him he hasn't won without Shaq?

Go Rockets!

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Lakers in 6

8. clair

clair Rockets

Battier is guarding Kobe so Ron can focus on offense first -- that's a luxury you have when you have 2 great defenders.

But if they make Kobe into strictly a jump shooter, like he was last night, the Rockets have a chance.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am pulling for the rockets I but I agree with mm, lakers in 6

I also have new found respect for Yao, he certainly manned up last night

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Ive always liked Yao and it has always bothered me that TMac got more attention than him when obviously only one of them deserved it.

Though, lets pretend that Yao, Rondo, and Pierce are on the same 3-on-3 team. They all bump knees simultaneously. Does the earth explode do to the soccer like over reactions that all of them show while moaning on the court? What a site to see...their crying and mullet on land land like flopping on the ground could possibly look as cool as synchronized swimming.