Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think the Rockets can make it a series but the key is not getting down early but even the Jazz showed that you can make huge runs on them and get back into the game in the 2nd half. The Jazz had to do that every game though.

Keys to the Rockets: attack the basket b/c they allow a ton of points in the lane and get to the foul line. The Rockets already do these 2 things well. Also force Kobe to make the plays instead of getting the rest of the team too involved.

2. clair

clair Rockets

The Hornets season ended when OKC said 'thanks but no thanks' to Tyson.

He came back to the team with the wrong attitude and he took everyone else down with him.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yes i think they can make a series out of it, because the rockets are strong in the paint. Kobe will get his points, but if the Rockets can dominate the boards, and outscore the Lakers in the paint, and also have good play out of their bench i think the Rockets can make this interesting, and possibly slow the Lakers down.

I hope the Rockets beat the Lakers, because I cannot stand Kobe Bryant. Him winning a championship without Shaq would solidify his career as one of the greatest of all times, and i just dont want to see that happen.

On another note, does anyone want this Bulls, Celtics series to end? What a series. Big Baby had one hell of a game last night, as did Ray Allen, but the Bulls, give them credit, keep fighting back.

4. clair

clair Rockets

My question is:

Is the Celtics/Bulls a case of two teams playing equally well?

Or a case of two teams playing equally poor?

I know a lot of cold-blooded shots have been made in the series. But the defense has been porous and I mean, last night, the Bulls won, despite missing a wide-open layup and several free throws, etc...

I am not knocking the entertainment value of the series. I just think it's more a case of two equally average teams than it is a case of two equally fabulous teams.

This reminds me more of a 8-9 matchup in the NCAA Tournament in that it's an even game, but each game they play, you see the overriding flaws that will keep them from beating the big-dog (Orlando) in then next round.

5. clair

clair Rockets

He is one of many NBA players who take themselves out of the game trying to flop and/or make it seem like he is getting "bullied".

Dahntey Jones was just playing playoff defense.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think you hit the nail on the head, but..... whoever wins this series plays Orlando, who got all they could handle early against the 76ers. If Boston wins this series and K.G. comes back, look out eastern conference. If Chicago pulls it out, i still think they can beat Orlando. Ben Gordon other than the one game where he and Ray Allen were trading 3's, has not shown up for this series.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

One of the best games I have seen in a long time, both teams are playing above their talent right now considering the circumstances. I think your thought on a 8-9 matchup is way off. Celtics are a year removed from being NBA champions. With Garnett this series would be over by now.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i figured i should watch some of the bulls-celtics because it was getting so much hype and the two former lsu players (i rarely otherwise watch nba). their is a difference between a close game and a good game. i thought it was a piece of crap. same old nba that got me to stop watching---no one passes the ball to set up shots. its all get the ball to your "best" guy, try to get a favorable matchup and try to get fouled and shoot.

plz someone convince me im wrong.

i think im gonna watch hockey or women's sports before i watch nba again

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Well you are watching the wrong teams, alot of teams run through their offense. Especially teams like the Bulls, Pistons, Rockets, and a few others. I mean the game has evolved the zone helps offense flows. Because you cant isolate, it shows which players can actually shoot the ball as well.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Chauncey Billups is the truth!

Thank you Joe Dumars.