Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Hornets.

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

In all seriousness, this team has quit on Byron Scott.

Tyson Chandler is miserable and is making sure everyone else sinks with him.

The cancer has reached the un-curable stage and doctors say the team won't survive past Thursday.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

anybody just see the "goin fishin" segment with ernie, kenny, and charles?

the pic with the "big love" boat next to the jazz's? :lol:

of course this is right after charles told kenny he is the only black man in america that cant fish.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That was classic and I love that show.:hihi:

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

As a Hornets' fan, I have to say that the last "haha" was uncalled for. But I can't argue with the first 20.:hihi:

Seriously though, even in the one victory, this has been a downright embarassing series for the Hornets, with game 4 elevating the embarassment by a factor of.....let's say....58? Honestly, its hard to pick out even one quarter played during this series and say that the starting 5, as a unit, looks like its playing playoff basketball. And the way they have let Chris Paul get pounded around with no retaliation has been downright gutless.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Chris Paul flops alot and makes things look worse or harder than actual also can't handle physical defense or defense at all and takes him out of his game alot of the times

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I like Chris Paul and I hope he stays in NOLA. If he ever did go to a team like San Antonio or Boston he would be treated just like Garnett is now. Garnett played on the underdog team that everyone always cheered for and was an emotional guy. He is disliked by most non Celtics fans now due to how he acts on the court and after games. Of course, nothing has really changed -- just the team and air time.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Hornets need a revamp. This team should be busted up from top to bottom.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

We will get to see tonight if there is any fight left in this team. We'll probably be knocked out tonight, just hope it isn't another blowout.

9. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Might need it to be a blowout if people want changes might be the only way management gets that in their head ionno

10. clair

clair Rockets

Lakers/Rockets.

Anyone think my team can make a series of it?

Note: The Lakers won all 4 season meetings, but all but one of them went down to the wire.

I think if Houston's bench (Wafer, Lowry, Landry, Barry) can play close with the Laker bench, the Rockets can make it interesting, because I see Houston's front 5 matching LA's front 5 stride for stride.

Brooks > Fisher
    Artest < Kobe
    Battier = Ariza
    Scola < Gasol
    Yao > Bynum

The key is SG and PF.

Artest can't let Kobe be way greater than him and Scola can't let Gasol be way greater than him.

If we can play those two matchups to close to a draw, we have a shot.

If those two matchups are first-round knockouts, then you will see a 5-game series.

Battier also, probably needs to steal the matchup with Ariza, too. Only one Rocket can guard Kobe, so if Battier is guarding him, then that means Ron has to guard Ariza, which he should be able to do very effectively.