Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i thought ainge had a heartattack because eddie house broke his 3 pt percentage record as a celtic.

pjn that is a good upset call though being garnett will not play. sucks for boston.

oh and i think manu ginobli is out for the spurs.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'm just hoping the Hornets don't get swept out of the playoffs. I like the matchup against Denver followed up by the winner of the Spurs-Mavs series better than anything else we could have been given, but this doesn't feel like a team that's going to get it together in the playoffs.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

its hard to go deep in the playoffs with no bench.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The Hornets probably will beat Denver. But they wont have enough to get past that second round.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

One side of the western conference bracket is about 237,000 times harder than the other.

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

nice to see two Baton Rouge natives and former teammates at LSU playing in the playoffs plus against each other with Glen and TT

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

There is only one series that could be considered an upset in the West and that is the Jazz over the Lakers.

All the other teams have similar records.

Mavs over Spurs would not be one because the Spurs are a different team without Ginobli.

Maybe you consider the Hornets over Denver one considering how the season closed out. Hornets were struggling and much of it had to do with injuries and Denver has been playing great the last month. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Hornets took the series.

8. clair

clair Rockets

Agreed.

The Lakers, Jazz, Rockets and Blazers are 4 of the 5 best teams in the West imo.

9. clair

clair Rockets

Most dominant performance of day 1 goes to my Rockets who wiped the floor with the Jailblazers.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

One hell of a game by the Rockets. It was topped off with Mutumbo's finger wave to Roy at the end after the attempted dunk.