Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Paging Bhelm...... Bhelm... lol.....

Thats all I will say.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That is all you can say. What is there to page about after games 1?

Lebron was lights out once again and his team failed him in the 3rd and most of the media agrees. 49 points, 6 assists, and 8 Rebs and played great D. He was also making clutch shots down the stretch minus a couple free throws.

Lakers were lucky to come away with the win which everyone agrees. I expect the Lakers to win the series now because of the devastating loss Denver should have one, Martin breaks a finger, and JR Smith with be gimpy with a strained calf. But I would not be shocked if the Lakers are consistent in their inconsistency and get blown out away from home and it turns into a 7 game series.

Cavs will win the series IMO.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

:rofl::hihi:
    I'll show you the holes in your argument quickly. Lets review the bold print of your post.
    Kobe hit his last 6 free throws in the final 2 minutes. Kobe played defense the entire game. That isnt luck my friend, thats clutch and experience. Lebron missed free throws in the clutch. And hes the best player?

Kobe teammates didnt fail him, they played defense down the stretch, till the last couple of seconds. Lebron= fail, they where up 15 at one point. The Lakers were down most of the game, hell they where down 13 at one point. Give me a break will ya.:thumb:

Kobe dropped 40, with 6 reb and a number of assist. Thats luck?

1 person likes this.
  4. bhelmLSU

So Kobe had one good performance (Ok, maybe 3 or 4) in the postseason and he wins your argument.:hihi: No that is my argument, inconsistent. Which Kobe are you going to get? Many are disagreeing with you. Turn on the radio or TV.:wave: Lebron has played great every game in the postseason and only lost one game so far.

Most who watched the game agree that the Lakers were very fortunate to come win at home the other night. If is wasn't for Martin's horrible foul when Kobe was surrounded with no where to go and I forgot who threw the ball away in the closing seconds, the Lakers would have lost a close one at home.

My argument for Lebron is continuing to gain momentum and will build up more and more steam over the next few years.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

Turn on the TV and Radio for what? Something I have been engulfed in, playing, coaching, and watching for years? Maybe those you are listening to are part of the conspiracy lol .My argument is in consistency as well, for who gets their team over the hump more.
    This is the playoffs right now, not the next few years. If these series goes to 7, will you say that Lebron is inconsistent even if they win the series?
    If Lebron loses this series it will be the biggest marketing failure the NBA has ever faced. And you will be an accomplice to that. lol

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

george karl lost that game. he is terrible in close games. putting in your shortest player to inbound the ball on the most critical possession is typical karl. anthony carter instead of pretty much the ball boy is ridiculous.

7. bhelmLSU

He was the main reason I thought the team would crumble after the devastating loss in Game 1. His post game interview was doom and gloom and I wouldn't think that would help his team.

Denver now has taken home court though wit the Lakers crumbling down the stretch.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Crumbling? You mean the refs crumbling down the stretch. Or like Cleveland crumbled down the stretch.

Is that what you mean? lol.

9. bhelmLSU

I mean the same way that Denver and the Cavs crumbled.

Giving the ball away after the jump ball, losing 9 point leads at the end of each quarter, missing free throws, allowing inbound passes over their heads which allowed seconds to tick away, and a poor shot attempt at the buzzer.

You can't blame the refs and media attention on all of that:wave:.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

you re right i cant, but both series will go 6 or 7 games, gotta get that ad revenue up baby. lol