Official LSU vs Tennessee SECCG Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 25, 2007.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

An interesting point I think everyone is overlooking here. LSU was picked to make it to the SECG and win it all before the season started. Isn't that supposed to be the kiss of death? Isn't it nearly a lock that if you get picked to win this conference you wind up not even making it to the game?

I believe the last team picked to win that actually did was Florida in '95. The fact that we have made it to the SECG, I regard as an excellent omen. This team has the talent and the determination to win the big game.

Tomorrow, despite the distractions, and so many doubters, they will.:tigereye:

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

On the news last night it was reported that Bo accepted the job at Nebraska. That being said, will he then be calling the game of his life? or still same ol' same ol'? Having RJF back is encouraging.

I agree with the Dude, this team's determination is there. Despite the point spread, I think the team feels like they are underdogs with the Tenn offense expecting to feast on them. That may prove to be the edge for the Tigers No more hype for this team and it is time to play like fighting Tigers!

Offense with the backs against the wall (Flynn being out) will also step up.

Therefore I am also cautiously optimistic.

3. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

LSU-34
    Tenn-21

Perrilloux 17-26 206 yds 2TD.

Mark it.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Man that would be grand indeed.
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

5. msully

msully Founding Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHjsESIwwo who looks like they want to play the most ?? Which Coach ?? I hope the Tigers win !! I live in Nashville , my neigbors have been on me all week , they believe the Vols by 3 TD's , they are excited that Flynn is not starting . So on both side we have fans who are excited that Matt Flynn is not starting .You tell that young man he better throw a soft 10 yard pass or a 60 year old white man in Nashville is gonna want to teach him how ! I can not throw it 75 yards but I can throw it 10 yards , all he has to do is throw that ten yard pass and he will have all the room he needs to run and throw ,he will be the greatest thing I have ever seen ,he is close now . GEAUX TIGERS !! Don't you DARE let them Vols Win .

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Oh, I think Ryan may have a bigger day than that. The Vol corners have been torched all year and I doubt that will change today. Eventually, our receivers are going to burn them a couple of times. Byrd, LaFell, Tolliver, Doucet...which ones will it be?

I will say two of our receivers will have 100 yard games today. Ryan could throw for some touchdowns as well but if we get close to the goal line, I think it is unlikely that we won't run the ball.

1 person likes this.
  7. husker

husker Founding Member

Good luck today Tiger fans. I want to see you guys run Phillip and the Vols off the field.

:geauxtige

8. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

Reporting from sec fanfare ...much more burnt orange here than p and g...vols seem more upbeat than LSU fans ..I'm already sick of rockytop

9. husker

husker Founding Member

That's alright. Just means there will be more people crying after the games over.
    :geaux:

10. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

Sounds just like 2001. I recommend noise-cancelling headphones attached to a radio tuned to the LSU pregame show.

Hopefully the game will end just like 2001's too.